1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EP-5 Battery Life

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by balzacsofia, Apr 30, 2015.

1. balzacsofia

balzacsofia New to Mu-43

Apr 30, 2015
    new york city
    I just got the Oly EP-5 used for about half of retail. Was street shooting from the hip using the touch screen to autofocus and after about ten minutes of shooting the battery went from two bars down to low battery. Hadn't charged it prior to shooting, but has anyone else experienced such a quick depletion from two bars? It would appear to mean two thirds full...

Should I get a new battery for this camera to start, and if so, does anyone have an opinion about Olympus versus generic batteries for this camera?

How many batteries does one carry for a day of shooting with this camera?

2. piggsy

piggsy Mu-43 All-Pro

I've had similar things happen but it has always been when I've really pushed the time between charges. At least my experience of it is that it tends to fib about having a full charge when it's turned on - like - when I definitely know it doesn't, such as after using the popup flash for a while. I've never needed more than one extra battery in the time I've had it, and that's usually only something I bother to bring if I know I'm not starting out with a freshly charged one.

Also - in utility menu J there's a setting to increase or decrease the charge level that will trigger a red flashing warning about the battery level.

3. balzacsofia

balzacsofia New to Mu-43

Apr 30, 2015
    new york city
    thanks piggsy!

4. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Seems like all the little camera batteries (little compared to my DSLR batteries) stay a full for a while then drop like a rock.