EP-3 OLED Screen tip

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by TonyB, Dec 5, 2011.

1. TonyB

TonyB Mu-43 Regular

Jun 6, 2010
    I posted this elsewhere and it seems quite a few people weren't aware of this so I thought it might be useful to some people on here.

One of the things that DPR raised as negative for the EP-3 OLED screen was it's accuracy. Indeed I found the colours very over-saturated when reviewing my images. To quote DPR's review:
    "OLED screen isn't terribly colour-accurate, and not so great for reviewing images".
    There is a good reason for this and the good news is that you can change it. By default the display is in "vivid" mode. However, if you navigate to the Spanner (Wrench) icon in the menu, then select the brightness and saturation for the display option you will see the brightness and saturation control. Ignore that and look to the bottom left and you will see "vivid-info". Press the info button and it will switch to "natural-info", lo and behold you will now get your images played back in natural colour, pretty much wysiwyg. I shoot in Natural mode anyway so now I get realistic colour in the OLED display. It's just a shame DPR missed it and marked the EP-3 down for it.
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    There's a lot that DPR misses !!!!
  3. kschles

kschles Mu-43 Regular

Jul 3, 2010
    Laurel, MD; USA
    Thanks for the tip. Easy to change once you know how.