EP-3 Dial assignment

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by MexicoMik, Mar 29, 2012.

1. MexicoMik

MexicoMik Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2012
    I've now gone extensively through all the menus/settings/dial/button assignments and have the camera fairly well sorted out for my use. Interesting how nowadays we have cameras that if I handed you mine or you handed me yours, we might have no idea how to operate it. ;)

But I digress.

I saw a post somewhere re the dial surrounding the 4-way button. Someone said that you could disable that dial but I don't remember there being any instructions for it. I have not found any way to do that and it's one item I find a bit annoying because I always manage to turn it and, therefore affect some setting. I routed the flash exposure there since that's not a big issue though I do use the flash quite a bit. IS there any way to inactivate that dial (other than duct tape) :confused:
  2. Maczero

Maczero Mu-43 Regular

Feb 13, 2010
    Yes. I don't have the manual to hand but look in the Sprocket then button/dial menu and there is a setting to disable that dial. It's the one at the bottom called 'Lock'.

3. MexicoMik

MexicoMik Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2012
    Thanks Andrew! That did it - I didn't realize that "lock" related to that rotating dial.:smile: