1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

EP-3 Dial assignment

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by MexicoMik, Mar 29, 2012.

1. MexicoMik

MexicoMik Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2012
    I've now gone extensively through all the menus/settings/dial/button assignments and have the camera fairly well sorted out for my use. Interesting how nowadays we have cameras that if I handed you mine or you handed me yours, we might have no idea how to operate it. ;) 

But I digress.

I saw a post somewhere re the dial surrounding the 4-way button. Someone said that you could disable that dial but I don't remember there being any instructions for it. I have not found any way to do that and it's one item I find a bit annoying because I always manage to turn it and, therefore affect some setting. I routed the flash exposure there since that's not a big issue though I do use the flash quite a bit. IS there any way to inactivate that dial (other than duct tape) :confused: 

2. Maczero

Maczero Mu-43 Regular

Feb 13, 2010
    Fife
    Yes. I don't have the manual to hand but look in the Sprocket then button/dial menu and there is a setting to disable that dial. It's the one at the bottom called 'Lock'.

Andrew

3. MexicoMik

MexicoMik Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2012
    Thanks Andrew! That did it - I didn't realize that "lock" related to that rotating dial.:smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.