1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EP-3 and 14-42 for $579

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Yves D., Jun 18, 2012.

1. Yves D.

Yves D. Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2010
    Montréal, Canada
  2. revolife

revolife New to Mu-43

Jun 3, 2012
    What are upgraded from? I say it's a great deal. Just last year EP3 was $800 with body only.

3. rstrader

rstrader Mu-43 Regular

Apr 12, 2012
    Colorado Springs
    Whew! Thank goodness I don't want one of these. It was a sale like this one that got me into,the Pen system in the first place. I don't remember exactly what the price was, but Olympus was blowing out the E-P1 with the first generation 14-42, I think it was $250US. What could I do? I still use the camera with adapters for my Minolta mf and Sony/Zeiss AF lenses. Sweet little camera.

Well, I don't have an E-P3...

4. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    ****! They dont ship overseas!

5. KH74

KH74 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2012
    Western Australia
    For those in Australia, Harvey Norman currently has 25% off all compact cameras when paying via PayPal. There is also up to $100 cash-back available via Olympus. I don't usually recommend Harvey Norman (over priced, poor service), but the prices are fairly reasonable - you pay online via PayPal and then collect in store or have the item shipped to you. The discount is applied once you are at the checkout and select PayPal as your payment method.

6. mintchoco

mintchoco Mu-43 Regular

May 24, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Worth upgrading from E-PL1 for this? Or should I wait for the EM-5 to come down in price, maybe some time next year?

7. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Same sensor as E-PL1 but faster AF, nicer screen, controls, etc. E-M5 is a much larger step up. Difficult to see new price of E-M5 dropping more than $100 or so in next year, unless Panasonic comes up with their own blockbuster.

8. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    Consumer electronics are typically produced on a cost curve that drops 1% per week. The choice of the manufacturer / retailer to follow that curve or not is entirely dependent on their inventory position. Lot's of demand and no supply and the MSRP will stay in effect for a long time. Once there's surplus inventory that's no longer moving, they'll count the weeks, and decide how big a sale they can run and still make a decent profit.

If you look at the current pricing for the E-PL1 we're at about 70% off the starting price some 70 or so weeks after they started letting the price decline.

9. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Cameta Camera has the same deal, but as a refurb. I got one yesterday (E-P3) with the 17mm 2.8 for $579 shipped free. It looks absolutely new.