1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

EP-2 painted body ?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by razumoff, Feb 14, 2010.

1. razumoff

razumoff Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 31, 2010
    France, Paris
    Hi all,

Did you see this thread ? :
    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1041&thread=34471923

I wanted to ask to the EP-2 owners if they noticed this or anything failed in the layer on their body ? May be the EP-1 is of the same layer ?
    If there is a failure with the layer ( I thought the body was anodized...) I would prefer to order for the Japan silver EP2 ?

Thanks you very much

Kind regards

2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    I think that if you go for the black pearlescent E-P2, you should either look for a leather protective case or be prepared to pick up scratches on the paint finish.

Having said that, the linked problem - with paint peeling off looks like a clear case of manufacturing defect. I would send it back and expect for it to be replaced.

Cheers

Brian

3. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    thats a coatings failure plain and simple , i would expect a replacement too

the ep1 silver i own has a clear lacquer, probably acrylic bases over the brushed stainless
    front \sides and the top bottom seem to be sandblasted stamped aluminum perhaps anodized

4. razumoff

razumoff Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 31, 2010
    France, Paris
    Thank you very much,
    Anyway, I think, and I only use Olympus camera (E3, E1, E330), that for this price, it's quite a cheap body, don't you think ?
    I'll certainly buy a Pen but... I'm just thinking about this.
    Anyway it seems quite rare.
    Thanks for sharing

Kind regards

5. Chow Monkey

Chow Monkey Mu-43 Regular

Must be the black coating. I don't have this problem with my silver E-P1.. And trust me. I took it to the amazon rainforest for 3 months.. No issues at all..

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.