1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

EP-2 Does the zoo

Discussion in 'Nature' started by ahuyevshi, Feb 20, 2010.

1. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    I was shooting mostly Film today, so I didn't even thing to bring a long lens.. Longest I had was the Canon 35 F/2. Even with the Crop Factor, obviously not enough reach... Everything but the horse was taken with the 35. The Horse was taken with the 15mm F/4.5 Voigtlander

One Thing I did learn however... I do need my dSLR.. EVF was ok, but nothing beats a Grid OVF... and from a cropping perspective I can get a lot more detail and less fringe out of my 5Ds (1&2)

4374578890_c4b431ce44_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

4374577370_492c22ecee_b.jpg

4374576068_18740e4d2f_b.jpg

4373816849_6ef51ef1af_b.jpg

4373819695_044cf9900e_b.jpg

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Sorry,
    I'm confused. What camera did you use?
    Film, 5D. ....dunno

3. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Lol.. Sorry... EP-2 for these.... was complaining about the fringe and the jittery manual focus assist function compared to OVF of the 5D..

I mentioned film, because I didn't bring any long lenses because I planned on just shooting film today.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

I like the horse one quite a bit and think it worked out quite well.

It would be interesting to see if you might not have gotten better images if you were able to use a made for :43: longer, faster lens...which I know they don't make quite yet.

5. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    I think I'm going to be sticking with m mount lenses. The Voigt requires so little post. I can see the leica fascination.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.