1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EP-2 and lens from my E520

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Brad Ross, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Brad Ross

Brad Ross Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 7, 2010
    Westfield, NJ
    I picked up my new EP-2 with the 14-42 and the Lumix 20mm from UPS on the way to work this morning. The electronic viewfinder looks nice though since I do get paid to work and not take pictures, I only took a couple shots in my office after I charged the battery.

I have the E 520 and a wide assortment of Zuiko digital lenses. I can see why they would make smaller versions of things like the 70-300, 50-200, and 7-14mm. But the kit 14-42 and 40-150 and 50mm were pretty small to begin with. Is there something different about the micro four thirds lenses such as the 14-42 that make them work better than the full size? or is it more of design and the slightly smaller size

2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

It's more of a size factor than quality. You will need an adapter to use your 4/3 lenses but check it carefully as the Pen series of bodies use contrast detect auto focus. Older 4/3 lenses were designed for phase difference auto focus and will be slower to AF on the E-P2. Some users prefer to use manual focus with these lenses.

Olympus makes the MMF-1 (silver) and MMF-2 (black adapters). Panasonic makes the DMC-MA1 (black/grey) adapter. They all do the same job but the Panasonic version is a lot cheaper (in price, not quality).

3. Brad Ross

Brad Ross Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 7, 2010
    Westfield, NJ
    thanks for the reply

thanks, I did also get the Olympus adaptor and was playing around a little last night with the Zuiko macro 50. Nice small combination. Will have to try it with the 9-18 mm today since it is such a light lens