1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

EP-2 and lens from my E520

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Brad Ross, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Brad Ross

Brad Ross Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 7, 2010
    Westfield, NJ
    I picked up my new EP-2 with the 14-42 and the Lumix 20mm from UPS on the way to work this morning. The electronic viewfinder looks nice though since I do get paid to work and not take pictures, I only took a couple shots in my office after I charged the battery.

I have the E 520 and a wide assortment of Zuiko digital lenses. I can see why they would make smaller versions of things like the 70-300, 50-200, and 7-14mm. But the kit 14-42 and 40-150 and 50mm were pretty small to begin with. Is there something different about the micro four thirds lenses such as the 14-42 that make them work better than the full size? or is it more of design and the slightly smaller size

2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

It's more of a size factor than quality. You will need an adapter to use your 4/3 lenses but check it carefully as the Pen series of bodies use contrast detect auto focus. Older 4/3 lenses were designed for phase difference auto focus and will be slower to AF on the E-P2. Some users prefer to use manual focus with these lenses.

Olympus makes the MMF-1 (silver) and MMF-2 (black adapters). Panasonic makes the DMC-MA1 (black/grey) adapter. They all do the same job but the Panasonic version is a lot cheaper (in price, not quality).

3. Brad Ross

Brad Ross Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 7, 2010
    Westfield, NJ
    thanks for the reply

thanks, I did also get the Olympus adaptor and was playing around a little last night with the Zuiko macro 50. Nice small combination. Will have to try it with the 9-18 mm today since it is such a light lens

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.