EP-1 w/ viewfinder & Flash OR GF1

SS32

New to Mu-43
Right now, the EP-1 can be had with a viewfinder and the FL-14 for around the same price as a GF1 with the pancake lens. I've been researching all day and still cannot come to a decision. The lack of a built in flash and image stabilization sways me toward the GF1, but considering I can get a viewfinder AND a flash with the EP-1 makes it that much more enticing. I need to make a decision tomorrow. I'm leaving for Europe at the end of next week and don't want to lug my DSLR around, plus my P&S died in January and I've been wanting to replace it with a M43. Anyone have some words of wisdom for me?

hmpws

Mu-43 Regular
E-P1 has in-body IS, whereas GF1 doesn't. I was pretty happy with using the GF1 with 20mm pancake. Focusing and composing with the high-res LCD was pretty easy.

Though I have decided to swap it out for a E-PL1 instead. Providing you don't need remote release or 1/4000s shutter speed, it has flash (GN7), possibility of using the OVF or EVF and also in-body IS. I feel that the latter features are especially indispensable if you ever manual focus with legacy lenses.

DDG

Mu-43 Regular
It seems to me that the GF1+pancake lens+EVF would be the more flexible setup unless you don't intend to add any more lenses.

SS32

New to Mu-43
Yes, that would be the best, but also way over my budget. I ended up ordering the EP-1 with a viewfinder and pancake for $600, not a bad price at all IMO.

DDG

Mu-43 Regular
You're right, that's a great price. I hope you have a fantastic time in Europe with it.:thumbup:

Latest threads

Top Bottom