1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EOSHD: Awesome OM-D E-M5 review

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by fooddude, May 30, 2012.

1. fooddude

fooddude Mu-43 Regular

May 22, 2012
    Olympus OM-D E-M5 first impressions | EOSHD.com

Great stuff :thumbup: ...and, a full review with even more to come! :2thumbs:

Firmware updates that will make this thing a true beast for video:
    ~ IBIS in Video-Mode for adapted/non-native lenses
    ~ 24p
    ~ Higher bitrate

....I pray someone hacks the OM-D.

2. youry

youry Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2010
    Winston Salem, NC

The review/first impressions has some good points but it is hard to overlook the fact that the writer is an Olympus fanboy and hates Panasonic to death. Everything about Panasonic is wrong: OIS in the lens, futuristic style, plastic feeling, I mean everything.

3. kidmoe85

kidmoe85 New to Mu-43

May 18, 2012
    That's strange since the site is almost entirely dedicated to shooting video with the GH2....where are you getting that from? I had a GH2 for quite a while and it was a great camera but I would agree with all his "complaints". Every device could improve on certain areas...even the OM-D.

4. fooddude

fooddude Mu-43 Regular

May 22, 2012
    Ya...that site really seems catered towards gh2, canon's, basically only the best of the best for video hdslr's. It also hosts all the best hacks for the gh2.

Seeing that the om-d is still heavily backordered and everyone and their mom is buying it and appears to be the most highly anticipated and sought after camera almost in history (I think, even more so than when the 5d2 was released, because of all of it's marketing, billboards and affordability to the consumer (not prosumer) market; I remember the 5d2 was lengthy in wait/pre-orders...but not this crazy like the om-d's that extended for several months now)... I am sure there is going to be tons and tons of people that own it (way more than the GH1/GH2) and this will have a high demand for high-bitrate, 24p video and also IBIS for non-native lenses in Vid-Mode....

...I am sure, sooner than later, someone will hack it nicely :)