1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

EOS-M4/3 Tilt Adapter: Not for the OM-D E-M1!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by 4Paul, Oct 30, 2015.

1. 4Paul

4Paul Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Dec 12, 2014
    Switzerland
    Paul Keller
    I've taken delivery of this what I think could be a useful accessory. Sadly, even though the blurb claims that it will fit all cameras with the 4/3 micro mount, the diameter of the rear-most component is too large and interfers with what looks like - but isn't - the reflex prism housing of the M-1 body. It will of course fit with an extension tube as an intermediary, but that surely was not the idea.
    Another issue I have with its design, is the orientation of the tilt: It's not in the horizontal axis, but at an angle, some 40 degrees off. A photo from one supplier illustrating the effect of the tilt seems to confirm this - unless he changed the framing intentionally. Very odd.

2. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    Yes, I've noticed from my DIY construction of tilt/shift adapters that the grip or other protrusions that stick forward of the lens mount are a big impediment. My GX1 has a relatively shallow grip, so it's pretty workable. But many other cameras are not. I guess the GM1 would probably be the absolute best bet for tilt-shift...

In terms of the tilt axis, typically this is adjustable. Usually if it's just a tilt adapter (with no shift), you can adjust the axis by twisting the adapter.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.