1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EOS-M4/3 Tilt Adapter: Not for the OM-D E-M1!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by 4Paul, Oct 30, 2015.

1. 4Paul

4Paul Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 12, 2014
    8303 Bassersdorf (Switzerland)
    Paul Keller
    I've taken delivery of this what I think could be a useful accessory. Sadly, even though the blurb claims that it will fit all cameras with the 4/3 micro mount, the diameter of the rear-most component is too large and interfers with what looks like - but isn't - the reflex prism housing of the M-1 body. It will of course fit with an extension tube as an intermediary, but that surely was not the idea.
    Another issue I have with its design, is the orientation of the tilt: It's not in the horizontal axis, but at an angle, some 40 degrees off. A photo from one supplier illustrating the effect of the tilt seems to confirm this - unless he changed the framing intentionally. Very odd.

2. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    Yes, I've noticed from my DIY construction of tilt/shift adapters that the grip or other protrusions that stick forward of the lens mount are a big impediment. My GX1 has a relatively shallow grip, so it's pretty workable. But many other cameras are not. I guess the GM1 would probably be the absolute best bet for tilt-shift...

In terms of the tilt axis, typically this is adjustable. Usually if it's just a tilt adapter (with no shift), you can adjust the axis by twisting the adapter.