1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Enough OMD threads... my Epl3 rocks!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Redridge, May 9, 2012.

1. Redridge

Redridge Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2012
    Hello fellow camera enthusiasts, Im new to the Mu43 world (about 4 months). Started off with dslr's (d200, d3 and some pro lens) but got tired of the bulk. Then I went to rangefinders, (Leica m6ttl, M8.2(sold) then the m9). Just WOW!… So, the DSLR pro gear has been all sold except for a few that is somewhat portable. Recently, We just came back from vacation and…. with the 2 rangefinder bodies and 4 lens, they can get heavy (though the image quality is amazing). Hence my affair with the mu43 and its size, weight and usability.

I was on the list for the OMD… but thinking of canceling the order since I got my epl3. I love the size and its usability. Its so much fun to use…. and so LIGHT! I just started using the Leica glass (50 summilux) and I can't believe how easy it is to focus (gotta love the telephoto feature). The 50mm image quality on the epl3 is very nice… def has the classic signature, but honestly, the 45mm 1.8 is no slouch either. If you know Leica signatures on full frame you can tell the difference in rendering… but on the mu43 its very hard for me to spot them…. Anyway, finally stopped lurking and looking forward to contribute to the board.

I know the epl3 is some sort of black sheep around here… but its a great little camera thats so much fun to use… that alone for me is what its all about. Anyway, here are some pics… taken with a Nikon 5000 and a 50mm 1.4g

DSC_1579.

DSC_1571.

a color shot…

DSC_1586.

and the family shot…

DSC_1596.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Nice family! Welcome to the forum!

Also checkout the sister forum of SeriousCompacts.com, where there are a number of M users (including myself). A slightly smaller and cozier forum for enthusiasts that also use and want to discuss other systems.

3. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Jane
    I'm impressed! All that Leica gear and you still enjoy the micro four thirds camera! Says a lot for the little Olympus, methinks!

4. Redridge

Redridge Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2012
    thanks for the heads up Armanius...

here's a sample of $4000 vs $400, can you tell which is which?.... both taken with the epl3.

P5010030.

P5010049.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Redridge

Redridge Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2012
    yes, I hear ya... sometimes you just want to relax and just use AF. The little epl3 is a no brainer.

6. Redridge

Redridge Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2012
    yummy pics.... 12mm f/2

P5020110.

45mm f/1.8
    P5020114.

Attached Files:

7. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Camera p**n !! nice! Another M shooter... cool!

8. mizu

mizu New to Mu-43

Mar 19, 2012
    Hungary
    That's the key point! I'm feeling the same since I've got it.
    Thanks for sharing.