Enjoying the Retro Feeling and Remembering my Film Days

Trabant Dave

New to Mu-43
Olympus should be congratulating the marketing and design teams over the OM-D range; in a sea of modern photographic equipment the OM-D stands out - especially to those of us 'of a certain age' who aspired to and/or owned one of the original OMs, and are now in that post-children stage of life and are relatively cash-rich.

Nostalgia and timeless design are immensely powerful tools; in my own case I now own a watch, the design of which goes back many decades - that I only dreamed of in my teens and twenties, and at the opposite end of the financial commitment scale we have an original new-old-stock telephone, identical in every visible respect to that in the family home back in the '60's; a rotary dial GPO 746 cream telephone - admittedly if we're making calls to companies with menus etc. we have a push-button tone phone as the dial phone doesn't generate the tones that these systems require, but incoming calls? no problem; and that 'ring-ring' sound is VERY satisfying!

Back to the topic now - I took my OM out yesterday and all my equipment - Camera with standard kit lens in the ever ready case , battery grip, 40-150, spare card + battery ALL fitted in the carry bag that previously accommodated the EOS + standard lens + grip!

Got to love micro 4/3 format, especially my OM-D!

Latest threads

Top Bottom