Enhancing backlit hazy images

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Kadmos, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Kadmos

Kadmos Mu-43 Regular

Oct 4, 2012
    I like back-lit overexposed photos in the full sun, but I am confused as to what exactly does one fix in post. I mean how does one enhance the look in post, while keeping that look. For regular photos you would want to add a black point in levels for example if the photo didn't have one, but for overexposed images would that be counterproductive? Coz I have seen people do that before.

I could simply use the image right out of the camera I know , but I am sure there are things people usually do to make them look better?

So please just tell me what are the things to look for and what can be done.. I know u can add extra flair and stuff on a layer above and mess with blend modes , but what are the parameters you should play around with whether in ACR , lightroom or photoshop...before you do the other things.

Are there also some Photoshop actions (preferably free) you would recommend , which would look good for such photos?

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Can you post a couple examples of your images you want to improve? Then we can try to work on them and post our versions along with any PS actions or LR presets we used.