1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Engineering Design project survey for lens cleaner

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by nuclearboy, Sep 25, 2014.

1. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    USA
    A friend of the family who is an engineering student is doing a design project for a lens cleaning cap of some sort. This is totally a hypothetical design. Part of the plan is to do a survey to get some information on peoples use of cleaners. I am not affiliated with this class and did not help make the survey but I am forwarding it to help him get some feedback for his project.

If you have time, you could help by filling out this 3 minute survey.

Thanks for considering.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11Rl0wBAokMdxIg9Vg3GdUA0JH2HEahtpDH_9HKuo_UY/viewform?usp=send_form

Here is an introduction that the students wrote.

Thanks for taking our survey! We are part of the University of Maryland Mechanical Engineering department. Our senior capstone class (ENME472 Integrated Product Process Development) challenges our team of 6 students to design and present a mechanically-based invention. We've decided to invent a lens cap/cover that has cleaning capabilities built-in. Before we start drafting up our prototype, we need some feedback on how camera users interact with their cameras. We'll keep you in the loop on how our project goes, and maybe one day it will be offered on the market!

2. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    USA
    I talked to the student and he thanks you for any comments. Much appreciated getting comments from real photogs....

3. fortwodriver

fortwodriver Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Frank
    Sounds like a great idea... I asked a couple of questions and I'm interested in seeing how this develops.

I love student-run projects. Usually the documentation and discussion is fantastic.

• Like Like x 1