1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Enfuse Plugin for LR4

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Pyro451, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Pyro451

Pyro451 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Massachusetts, USA
    Steve
    Found this plugin while searching for how to create HDR and created this photo from only two exposures. I am sure it would have been better with real bracketing +/- a few stops.

The window was completely blown out with a proper exposure of the dimly lit tin shop.

<a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/fOG_Gub4l0MQ-Gv77DX_SV1r2hWJe1VMl0uPS_I_5v0?feat=embedwebsite"> P7201278_HDR. "600" width="800" /></a>

• Like Like x 2
  2. addled

addled Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 1, 2011
    Marbella, Spain
    The enfuse plugin does a great job whenever you want that little bit bit of extra dynamic range. Unless you're really going for more extreme HDR effects I've yet to work out what HDR plugins give you that enfuse doesn't and enfuse always gives a realistic look.

It can be a bit slow though.

3. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Interesting result, looks nice. I immediately noticed some strong purple fringing around the bright features in the window, especially where the red arrow points to. You might want to defringe (Lens Corrections -> Color -> Defringe in LR4.1) before applying HDR processing. Just curious, what lens did you use and at what aperture?

P7201278HDR-XL.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pyro451

Pyro451 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Massachusetts, USA
    Steve
    Good catch Ad. Thank you. I used the defringe tool (great addition to LR) and reposted the image. The original above should look a bit better now.

The original images were shot with the PL25 at f/1.4. A bit more time with with Enfuse (it is slow) and I managed the result below. I do appreciate all the advice from other forum members. :)

<a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/e6yVGkpm0-M8ZrLpNYBxm11r2hWJe1VMl0uPS_I_5v0?feat=embedwebsite"> P7201279_HDR. "600" width="800" /></a>