[ENDED] GF3X with the 14-42x lens for $350.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by lenshoarder, Mar 9, 2012.

1. goshxii

goshxii Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2011
    Bronx, NY
    You beat me to it. Was about to post the deal. Incredible price! :thumbup:

2. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    The question is the 14-42x worth it. My only reason to get this is to keep the lens and sell the GF3.

3. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    Wow. Great deal.

4. goshxii

goshxii Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2011
    Bronx, NY
    You can't lose with such price - you can get for the body at least 200 and later if you don't like the lens sell it for 300. win-win :biggrin:

5. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    OOS. 287 sold. I missed it. Just as I finally decided to buy it, it went OOS.

6. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
  7. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Wow, that was fast. When I placed my order, there was still 200 hundred available, but it was going fast, the qty was going down by the minute.

Hopefully I'll get mine next week.

8. fljoe

fljoe Mu-43 Regular

Dec 30, 2011
    FL
    This was similar to the GH2 they sold couple of days ago for $579. It is a grey market camera, bit it is brand new, so warranty might be an issue with Panasonic. But an awesome deal nonetheless.

9. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    Yep. They even said that they can't say it comes with a factory warranty. That it comes with 1 year parts and something like 90 day labor.

I'm so mad at myself for hesitating and missing it. It's just that I got both a LX5 and another NEX 3 just this week so I was feeling over camera'd. When will I learn my lesson. Buy first, think later.

10. cz9h3d

cz9h3d Mu-43 Regular

Jan 18, 2012
    SE Michigan
    Kevin
    Wow....quite a deal. That GH2 deal earlier this week was also very tempting. My GF3X cost just a little bit more :( a month ago.

11. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Just got my Fedex shipping notice, so I hope to see it by the 13th.

12. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

dam , another deal i missed out on

13. cz9h3d

cz9h3d Mu-43 Regular

Jan 18, 2012
    SE Michigan
    Kevin
    Not sure buying one of these to resell the lens on the enthusiast sites is the best plan. Not unless you're willing to guarantee it doesn't exhibit the known issues at full zoom. With no Panasonic warranty, I'd think most enthusiasts won't be interested, even at $300 - Or you have to be rather ambitious and test/post photos in order to sell to enthusiasts. Am I wrong?

Seems a much better plan to buy/resell on eBay - but clearly stating the warranty situation. Then you'd end up selling to someone like me, who wouldn't know of an issue and/or see it in my photos ;)

14. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    FedEx just delivered it, and the battery is charging. Boy is this thing small, the GH 1 & 2 look huge next to this. Now I just need to find a good deal on a 20/1.7.

15. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    Many people have reported receiving theirs. There was concern that it was grey market and thus no warranty. According to Panasonic, it has a full warranty for the next year.

16. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Every time I see this thread, I click the link and realize I missed it :dash2:.

17. Offriver

Offriver Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2011
    Amin, I know...the one time I am not obsessively checking the forum and I miss a super deal LOL!

18. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    How do you think I feel? I posted it and still missed it.

19. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Ouch. That must really smart!