1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

[ENDED] eBay Coupon - 20% Off Up To $100

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by leungw, Jun 6, 2018.

1. leungw

leungw Deal Hunter

May 26, 2011
    NJ
    Willy
    EDIT: Deal's over.

6/6/2018 only. Ends 10pm EST. Minimum purchase amount is $50. Maximum discount is $100 off.

Code: PICKDADSGIFT

Works on electronics and many others.

To maximize discount, total purchase should be around $500.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  2. ouldsmobile

ouldsmobile Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Toronto, Ontario
    Kevin
    Used it earlier this morning myself. Saved $96 on a few items I had been debating. Seems to work on pretty much anything as far as I can tell. Apparently you can use it twice if you check out as a guest and then again using your account. In case you want multiple $500ish items. :) 

3. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    Ebay's revenue must've been WAAAAY down, because they've had how many of these coupons now this year? My guess is that they're using these coupons as ways to increase site traffic and purchases for items that would've likely been purchased elsewhere (i.e. Amazon).

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. tkbslc

tkbslc Super Moderator

That sounds like the logic my wife uses to conclude that spending $300 at the mall actually saved us money somehow. :) 

The crazy thing is that ebay doesn't sell anything, they make money from commission off sellers. And most sellers pay 10% or less. So ebay loses 10% out of pocket on each sale with each of these 20% coupons.

• Like Like x 2
  5. LilSebastian

LilSebastian Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 28, 2017
    Pasadena, CA
    Cool, thanks. Used it to buy a clean used Panasonic 20mm II for my Dad. He has an E-M 5II with 12-40 And could use a good low light and slimmer option.

6. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    Used it to get EM1ii from Roberts camera for $1260

• Like Like x 3
  7. davidzvi

davidzvi Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    I was already looking at a new one, another $100 off.....

Adorama / Sammy's / Cameta / Focus / Kenmore?

8. Egregius V

Egregius V Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Jun 14, 2015
    Massachusetts, USA
    Rev. Gregory Vozzo
    The E-M1 II is now solidly in my price range. And a scenic vacation is just about two months away. Can I still wait for the E-M5 III? :eek: 

EDIT: I can wait. Seeing prices up today on Ebay, nothing still in reach. Cheapest I'm seeing off Ebay is at Staples for <$1400.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  9. ijm5012

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    Honestly, having owned the E-M1 II and E-M5 II, the E-M1 II is simply a better camera in every regard. Better IBIS, better video, better stills, better battery life. The grip makes handling, even with the small f/1.8 lenses, much better.

My recommendation would be go with the E-M1 II. I'd be very surprised if you regretted it after purchasing and using the camera.

10. Paopawdecarabao

Paopawdecarabao Mu-43 Regular

May 29, 2018
    I'm tempted to get a PL12-60. I could get it with the discount for $529 plus 5% cash back, Total of $503 for it. Should I pull the trigger? I just recently bought a used PL 8-18. I like buying used lens except camera as they are more prone for breakage for the warranty.

Current line up as of now PL8-18 and PL15 1.7

11. tkbslc

tkbslc Super Moderator

Not as exciting as an E-M1 or 12-60, but thanks for the discount on the new vacuum cleaner we've been needing. :) 

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  12. tkbslc

tkbslc Super Moderator

If you were going to buy one, this a great opportunity. New for cheaper than used is a pretty unbeatable deal. I would imagine you could resell with very little loss (if any) in the future if it doesn't work out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Balinov

Balinov Mu-43 Regular

Oct 8, 2015
    Dublin
    Balazs
    Aww..works for several randomly selected m43 lenses, but not for the 5 sellers I've tried the 7artisan 25/1.8 lens..thank God, the temptation and GAS is gone, we're just about to book a week holiday in Alicante, rather shovel the €€€€-s into that project.::) )

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. davidzvi

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    E-M1 markII on it's way.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Paopawdecarabao

May 29, 2018
    I still have till 7pm to decide. Buying my PL12-60 will complete my lens setup and that will stop my gas for a while I think. 8-18, 12-60 and a 15mm prime will do okay right?

16. davidzvi

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Actually yes. An you could add a "cheap" Pan 40-150 to cover that and be pretty much set.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ijm5012

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    It'll be a worthy replacement for the Nikon gear you sold.

18. davidzvi

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    It should do what I need it to. Yes there are things it won't handle as easily as the FX Nikon did. But it should offer enough other fun features to more than make up for it.

19. Hal Knowles

Hal Knowles Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Florida
    Hal Knowles
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Paopawdecarabao

May 29, 2018
    PL 12-60 on its way

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.