Email and Login Difficulties

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Mohun02, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Mohun02

Mohun02 New to Mu-43

Feb 13, 2018
    There seems to be fairly frequent “re-logins” required in recent months and for one who checks in at least every two or three days, it can be just a bit frustrating; however, I assume this is a necessary part of some improved security protocols.

Unfortunately, I’ve had more than a little difficulty in logging in in the last few days. The basic non-recognition of my password and the retrieval process is a dead end for me because MU43 no longer recognizes my email address as a valid member email address so the site will not email me a link to change my password, attempts to contact the site itself through its email response system return that same message, i.e., that my email address is not a valid email address. I tried, then, to register as a New member, but used my regular email address and the site replied that I could not use that address because it was already in use by a member.I finally gave up, used a backup gmail address register as a new member but of course may not be able to review any of my older posts or other site correspondence, because not only do I (i.e., my email address) no longer exist as a member, I am (or was) sort of a ghost member because no new membership applicant, including myself, can use my old email address. What’s up? Is there a solution, other than using my new email address at MU43?

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Hi Jim,

I twice replied to the messages you sent me. I manually set a new password for you and tried sending it to you. But it seems that your Comcast email isn't receiving messages from my Gmail. I don't know why that is. I will PM you now with the login info for your other account. It should work fine unless you forget your password, at which point you would need your Comcast email to be able to receive email from the site.

-Amin

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    PS - the only other member who I've been unable to reach about a problem recently also has a Comcast email. I suspect Comcast is blocking my email address.