EM5 vs EPM2 image comparison

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by boatman37210, Oct 21, 2013.

1. boatman37210

boatman37210 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 28, 2012
    Thailand
    When I look at the DPR web site and use their studio comparison tool, there is a noticeable difference between the two camera images. DxOMark rates the cameras the same. They have the same sensor. I understand that they do not have the same IBIS, but turned off should they not produce the same image under the same conditions?

2. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    I have both cameras. They both take great pics, and I can't see any difference in image quality between the two. Yes, the IBIS is different in the two bodies, but FWIW, I leave the IBIS on all the time on both bodies. Never had a problem with either. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    There was a slight improvement in sensor response on the E-PM2 and E-PL5 compared to the E-M5 - this being due to them being slightly later models with a little tweaking by Olympus

4. boatman37210

boatman37210 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 28, 2012
    Thailand
    On DPR the EM5 was noticeably better than the EPM2 at least by my eyes. Was just surprised since I had read so much about them being the same. I'm not saying that they are not the same. Just that they do not appear to be on DPR. When I say same I mean the images. Not the cameras.