EM5 Video Mode Confusion: Help!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by RWM, Nov 10, 2013.

1. RWM

RWM New to Mu-43

Nov 10, 2013
    Hi, new to the forum and the OMD EM5. Really enjoying learning about the camera, but I am totally perplexed about the video mode.
    (I've been searching for my answer and could not find anything, so apologies if this has been answered multiple times before)

If I shoot video just by pressing the red button in Auto mode, no problems.
    If I try to shoot video in P,S,A,or M, I get some incredible frame lag on the screen, and when I play back the video its more like a time lapse movie.
    The same happens when I switch to Movie mode on the dial, unless I apply some of the filters.

I've done all the experimenting I can, and just cant seem to figure out what is going on. Is this user error? How do I correct it? Or do I have a bad copy of the camera?

Thanks in advance.

2. RWM

RWM New to Mu-43

Nov 10, 2013
    Well...I played around with some more things, and it appears to have stopped doing that. Unfortunately, I have no idea why it is working now!
    Thanks.

3. Bif

Bif Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 28, 2012
    San Angelo TX
    Bruce Foreman
    It has accepted you as it's master...

Enjoy it, I'm probably going to "snag" one from the Buy/Sell forum on this site. My primary focus is motion picture, main gear is Lumix GH3's right now, but I've been looking at adding an OMD E-M5 for it's 5 axis stabilization for when I have to shoot with the camera in motion.

Good luck with yours, most owners really praise theirs. The menu system is a bit confusing but stay with it. One heckuva camera.

4. RWM

RWM New to Mu-43

Nov 10, 2013
    Ahh...I must have developed a psychological advantage over the technology.:thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.