EM5 Video Mode Confusion: Help!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by RWM, Nov 10, 2013.

1. RWM

RWM New to Mu-43

Nov 10, 2013
    Hi, new to the forum and the OMD EM5. Really enjoying learning about the camera, but I am totally perplexed about the video mode.
    (I've been searching for my answer and could not find anything, so apologies if this has been answered multiple times before)

If I shoot video just by pressing the red button in Auto mode, no problems.
    If I try to shoot video in P,S,A,or M, I get some incredible frame lag on the screen, and when I play back the video its more like a time lapse movie.
    The same happens when I switch to Movie mode on the dial, unless I apply some of the filters.

I've done all the experimenting I can, and just cant seem to figure out what is going on. Is this user error? How do I correct it? Or do I have a bad copy of the camera?

Thanks in advance.
  2. RWM

RWM New to Mu-43

Nov 10, 2013
    Well...I played around with some more things, and it appears to have stopped doing that. Unfortunately, I have no idea why it is working now!
  3. Bif

Bif Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2012
    San Angelo TX
    Bruce Foreman
    It has accepted you as it's master...

Enjoy it, I'm probably going to "snag" one from the Buy/Sell forum on this site. My primary focus is motion picture, main gear is Lumix GH3's right now, but I've been looking at adding an OMD E-M5 for it's 5 axis stabilization for when I have to shoot with the camera in motion.

Good luck with yours, most owners really praise theirs. The menu system is a bit confusing but stay with it. One heckuva camera.
  4. RWM

RWM New to Mu-43

Nov 10, 2013
    Ahh...I must have developed a psychological advantage over the technology.:thumbup: