EM5 - Third Party Batteries UK

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by chrism_scotland, Jul 25, 2012.

1. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I know we've talked a bit about 3rd party batteries but can anyone point out any of the ones on Amazon UK that are any good?

I can't identify the make/supplier of the one I received with my used EM5 and ideally I'd like another couple of batts.

• Like Like x 1
  2. With_Eyes_Unclouded

With_Eyes_Unclouded Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 17, 2012
    Vassilios
    • Like Like x 2
  3. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Looks exactly like the one I have actually! So should be good, if a bit of a tight fit in the battery grip!

4. With_Eyes_Unclouded

With_Eyes_Unclouded Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 17, 2012
    Vassilios
    Haven't got the grip yet; they are a bit fatter than the original though. The most interesting fact is, their charger seems to charge the original battery just fine. The original charger being rather large and having a car charger cable also, this makes it a great deal for the travelling photographer.

So far no problems, apart from them lasting only 70-75% of the original. Managed to almost empty a pair last Sunday but we are talking about 700 shots, use of flash and a lot of image viewing. In fact, one of them lasted a whole photoshoot easily. Perhaps OM-D power requirements are overrated.

I usually change any battery on Oly bodies when I see 2 "blocks" for quite some time, never when the meter gets to one block; because it's sudden death after that.