1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

EM5 - Third Party Batteries UK

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by chrism_scotland, Jul 25, 2012.

1. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I know we've talked a bit about 3rd party batteries but can anyone point out any of the ones on Amazon UK that are any good?

I can't identify the make/supplier of the one I received with my used EM5 and ideally I'd like another couple of batts.

• Like Like x 1
  2. With_Eyes_Unclouded

With_Eyes_Unclouded Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 17, 2012
    Vassilios
    • Like Like x 2
  3. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Looks exactly like the one I have actually! So should be good, if a bit of a tight fit in the battery grip!

4. With_Eyes_Unclouded

With_Eyes_Unclouded Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 17, 2012
    Vassilios
    Haven't got the grip yet; they are a bit fatter than the original though. The most interesting fact is, their charger seems to charge the original battery just fine. The original charger being rather large and having a car charger cable also, this makes it a great deal for the travelling photographer.

So far no problems, apart from them lasting only 70-75% of the original. Managed to almost empty a pair last Sunday but we are talking about 700 shots, use of flash and a lot of image viewing. In fact, one of them lasted a whole photoshoot easily. Perhaps OM-D power requirements are overrated.

I usually change any battery on Oly bodies when I see 2 "blocks" for quite some time, never when the meter gets to one block; because it's sudden death after that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.