EM5 Satisfaction

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Rfinley33, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Rfinley33

Rfinley33 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 8, 2012
    Salt Lake City
    I have never had a camera I enjoyed so much as my EM5. I use three prime lens and the ki zoome from my EPl-2. The chaater about the EM5 has died down and I am betting there are a "lot" of very happy customers out there. Does anyone have a really serious complaint?
  2. ballcall2

ballcall2 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 11, 2012
    It's too expensive... Oh, and it doesn't make coffee :tongue:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. metalbernd

metalbernd Mu-43 Regular

Aug 1, 2012
    I am also very happy with my new toy, I always be surprised when the photo's are opened in PSE.

Knock on wood.....I didn't have any problems, only a money problem because there are so much beautiful accessories on the market.

I have several dslr's worn in the past, the last one was a 5D MKII.
    There were many annoying things about it, dust behind the lcd screens, AF quit bad, oily spots on the sensor from the mirror mechanism.
    I was always a bit sceptic about micro 4/3 camera's, but I take all of this back.
    Most starters are told that perfect pictures only can taken by a dslr, including me.

So I'm very surprised what the E-m5 gives me for his price tag, And the most important the size and weight.
  4. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
  5. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    I'm thrilled with my silver E-M5. Like every camera, there are a few niggling annoyances, but nothing terrible. I got out yesterday with my E-M5, 14-42IIR zoom, Hoya 72R infrared filter, my remote shutter release and my Sirui T-005 tripod. The live bulb feature is fantastic.

Although I do like my E-PM1 (great intro to m43, esp at refurb price), I find I'm frustrated with it whenever I attempt something like I did yesterday with the E-M5, but I bought it as a cheap way to get into m43, so no complaint there. :smile: I really had fun yesterday with my E-M5 setup, which surprised me, as it was my first attempt at infrared.

I held off buying till just a few weeks ago, due to the price (and lack of availability). but ********** had silver bodies on Ebay with free shipping -- and no outrageous mark-up, so I snagged it. I'm so glad I did. :biggrin:
  6. cputeq

cputeq Mu-43 Regular

Jul 27, 2012
    Albuquerque, NM
    Low ISO of 200 and max shutter of 1/4000s sucks.
  7. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    I agree with this, though I think there's something intangible that grabs some people when they use certain cameras. For you it sounds like it's the OM-5; obviously it wasn't for others. When you fall in love with a camera you tend to overlook its flaws. And there's nothing wrong with that.
  8. radamo

radamo Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    No complaints here. My other camera is a 5D MkII and I love my new E-M5! I am really excited at how configurable it is. I printed one of my first hand held macros today 8x10 and it looks great.

Going on a trip soon and will only bring the Oly. Looking forward to the lightened load and great pics.