EM5 Satisfaction

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Rfinley33, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Rfinley33

Rfinley33 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 8, 2012
    Salt Lake City
    I have never had a camera I enjoyed so much as my EM5. I use three prime lens and the ki zoome from my EPl-2. The chaater about the EM5 has died down and I am betting there are a "lot" of very happy customers out there. Does anyone have a really serious complaint?

2. ballcall2

ballcall2 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 11, 2012
    It's too expensive... Oh, and it doesn't make coffee :tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  3. metalbernd

metalbernd Mu-43 Regular

Aug 1, 2012
    Holland
    I am also very happy with my new toy, I always be surprised when the photo's are opened in PSE.

Knock on wood.....I didn't have any problems, only a money problem because there are so much beautiful accessories on the market.

I have several dslr's worn in the past, the last one was a 5D MKII.
    There were many annoying things about it, dust behind the lcd screens, AF quit bad, oily spots on the sensor from the mirror mechanism.
    I was always a bit sceptic about micro 4/3 camera's, but I take all of this back.
    Most starters are told that perfect pictures only can taken by a dslr, including me.

So I'm very surprised what the E-m5 gives me for his price tag, And the most important the size and weight.

4. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 5, 2011
  5. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    I'm thrilled with my silver E-M5. Like every camera, there are a few niggling annoyances, but nothing terrible. I got out yesterday with my E-M5, 14-42IIR zoom, Hoya 72R infrared filter, my remote shutter release and my Sirui T-005 tripod. The live bulb feature is fantastic.

Although I do like my E-PM1 (great intro to m43, esp at refurb price), I find I'm frustrated with it whenever I attempt something like I did yesterday with the E-M5, but I bought it as a cheap way to get into m43, so no complaint there. :smile: I really had fun yesterday with my E-M5 setup, which surprised me, as it was my first attempt at infrared.

I held off buying till just a few weeks ago, due to the price (and lack of availability). but ********** had silver bodies on Ebay with free shipping -- and no outrageous mark-up, so I snagged it. I'm so glad I did. :biggrin:

6. cputeq

cputeq Mu-43 Regular

Jul 27, 2012
    Albuquerque, NM
    Jeremy
    Low ISO of 200 and max shutter of 1/4000s sucks.

7. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    I agree with this, though I think there's something intangible that grabs some people when they use certain cameras. For you it sounds like it's the OM-5; obviously it wasn't for others. When you fall in love with a camera you tend to overlook its flaws. And there's nothing wrong with that.

8. radamo

radamo Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Rich
    No complaints here. My other camera is a 5D MkII and I love my new E-M5! I am really excited at how configurable it is. I printed one of my first hand held macros today 8x10 and it looks great.

Going on a trip soon and will only bring the Oly. Looking forward to the lightened load and great pics.
    RA

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.