EM5 mkII and Focus Bracketing

ScottinPollock

Mu-43 Veteran
Will it work with any lens (including Lumix lenses)? And does it work with flash (unlike Panasonic's stupid disabling of bracketing when a flash/trigger is mounted)?

TIA,

-SiP

PFrank

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Peter
I don't know about working with the flash but it works with Lumix lenses. I use it with the PL 100-400 sometimes.

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
It won't work with manual focus lenses such as microscopes. But even then you can do it manually, using continuous shutter and adjusting the focus yourself.

Richard_M

Mu-43 Veteran
I’m not sure about Olympus, but with other manufacturers, flash is only available with mechanical shutter. Focus bracketing uses electronic shutter.

Bushboy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I don’t think so.
Focus bracketing on the m5ii is electronic shutter. Richard is right.

Bushboy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Bracketing works with all m4/3 autofocus lenses.
I use a Panasonic Leica 45mm macro, all good.
In camera stacking needs the oly Pro and macros.

Bushboy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Yup, pretty sure. Could be wrong though, it has been known. :)

Bushboy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Stacking, bracketing, all the same to the M5ii. It will select continuous drive electronic shutter. All other drive modes unusable, like 2 sec delay.
I tried for days, to get it to work with 2 sec delay, nearly committed suicide, before I dragged out the manual and realised it was me who was the dumb one, and not the camera. I think I bugged everyone on here too, before the penny finally dropped!

Bushboy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I don’t think flash will work, but I don’t know for sure cos I haven’t got one. I sometimes use a small AA powered cob led light, if it’s really bad.
Some flashes have a continuous led video light?

ScottinPollock

Mu-43 Veteran
Stacking, bracketing, all the same to the M5ii
Yeah I think that is the case. The camera doesn't actually do focus bracketing (focus is not listed in the bracketing section of the manual). In fact, I looked through the entire index, and then searched on focus and stacking and couldn't find mention of it anywhere.

At least you found it in the manual... where?

Bushboy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
If I remember right, near the end, under the stuff latest firmware updates. Lots of things it can’t do, when your asking it to do something.
Focus bracketing is also a drive mode, I think.

Bushboy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
What! This is gold to me. My oly 60 just bit the dust, just as I was getting to grips with stacking. Lucky I got me old pana 45 to fall back on.
Was it hard to do? The Abel thing?

ScottinPollock

Mu-43 Veteran
near the end
Aha! Google led me to an Olympus page with an old copy of the manual. Found a later version at the Americas site... and lo and behold:

FB.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

So it seems this IS possible. So the consensus here (aside from flash usage ;) ) is this works with all the Lumix lenses as well?

Latest threads

Top Bottom