EM5-II won't update firmware

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Jeremy Albrecht, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Jeremy Albrecht

Jeremy Albrecht New to Mu-43

Dec 14, 2015
    I have been trying to update the firmware on my EM5-II without success. The updater software detects the camera but then every time it says "unable to connect to server". I've redownloaded the software and it hasn't helped. Thanks for any help.
  2. nzdigital

nzdigital Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2010
    New Zealand
    Hi Jeremy
    I think this happened to me the first time as well?
    If I recall correctly (?), when you plug in the camera to your computer via usb, it gives several connection options. I chose the camera to computer icon cause I figured this was obvious - but I was wrong. You need to choose the 'storage' option - which is the first one I think, and then the camera should connect?
    Hope that's correct - and hope it helps.
  3. siftu

siftu Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Sounds more like a problem with the internet connection or the server it's trying to download the firmware from. If it's the server then maybe try again at a later time
  4. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Try to update it from OV3. I have the same problem few years ago with camera updater, but the OV2 solved the problem.
  5. Jfrader

Jfrader Guest

Assuming you are actually connected to the internet, then I agree that it is probably the wrong option on the first screen. Choose "storage."