1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EM5 II WB is little cooler than EM5 I

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Halaking, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    I have notice that EM5 II has little cooler AWB than EM5 I when taking photo under incandescent lighting, even in RAW, that also make much cooler temp when using FL600 flash (flash WB set at AWB), I have to set flash WB setting to Flash WB, but that's too warn to me. I know it's easy fix in PP, but I still think EM5 I has better WB under lighting/flash condition.

Any thought?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  2. Drdave944

Drdave944 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2012
    It seems that each new camera comes with a new"engine",the processing algorithm that controls the signal coming out of the camera. This and other factors such as the WB setting, additional customer controlled settings,the ambient conditions,both natural and artificial,the complexion of the subject, the settings of the screen one is viewing,the condition of the viewers eyes (cataracts or implants), the tint of any glasses,lenses or filters,any medications or drugs being consumed by the customer,the light in the customer's home and perhaps other subjective and objective parameters can have an effect on the color balance observed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I noticed that too when I received my E-M5 II. It runs a little cooler and/or less saturated even with the same settings as another Olympus body. It might have something to do with it being a more video oriented body is my guess.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    Thanks, Jonathan. Now I know there is nothing wrong with my 5II.

5. musicwack

musicwack Mu-43 Regular

May 21, 2015
    South Jersey
    James
    I don't have my camera with me since I am at work, but deep in the menus you can tweak your AWB to run either warmer/cooler and the tint to run pink/green. My EM-1's AWB tends to run cooler than my 5D mk III and also I wanted more pinkish tones like my 5D.

• Like Like x 1