1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

EM5 II Question

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Wandering Aengus, May 28, 2015.

1. Wandering Aengus

Wandering Aengus Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2012
    A friend of mine just got an EM5 II a few days ago. We played with it yesterday and today. Something odd is going on that we can't figure out. When you use the rear display to adjust exposure and begin changing either the shutter speed or aperture, neither the histogram nor the blinkies will react to the exposure change. So when you go -3.0 for example, the histogram will not move and the blinkies won't turn off even though the numbers will change from 0.0 to -3.0. When you take the shot and look at it, it is exposed -3.0.

Thinking it was possibly a lens issue, we took his 12-40 lens off the EM5 II and put it on my EM5 and it worked fine. Also, took my O25 from the EM5 and put it on the EM5II and got the same results.

Thinking we had set something in a deep menu, we did a full reset. It didn't change anything. Anyone else experience this, or know if we are missing something.

2. Wandering Aengus

Mar 23, 2012
    I think it is live view boost. Waiting confirmation.

3. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    It should be WYSIWYG in P, A, S modes anyway. Live View Boost only applies to M mode. Turn it off if you want WYSIWYG.

4. Wandering Aengus

Mar 23, 2012
    Confirmed. Histogram and blinkies don't work with Live View Boost. Seems like they would be even more useful there as the image is boosted so you can see it in the dark, so you can't judge exposure by the image on the display.