1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EM5 grip ID required, please.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Dave in Wales, Nov 10, 2013.

1. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    That looks like the JB grip. He sells them on Amazon. I have one and I'm very happy with it.

2. mpg01

mpg01 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2012
    It doesn't look quite like the JB because of the texturing and I can't make out the JB logo on the side. But beyond that it amounts to the same thing. Unless this is just a modified copy. I haven't taken the JB grip off my EM5 since I got it.

3. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    Daros
    That's not the JB grip, that's the UNX-9120 by Yuenu Corp.

Here is a link with photos (even though it's on Oly's Japanese online store - it's a third party grip).

Very nice looking, priced at around USD100 - you can find them through Japanese Sellers on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/UNX-9120-Grip-Stay-Olympus-OM-D/dp/B008WGFFEK) and other online resellers.

A while back I was doing research on it, and according to some Japanese reviews I read (Google translated as I don't speak Japanese) - while it's very solidly and professionally built, it's not that comfortable in the hand and for extended periods of use. YMMV, as always.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    The JB grip is very comfortable, and a lot less than USD100 ...

5. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    But sadly unavailable.

• Like Like x 1
  6. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    Daros
    TBH, neither of them looks comfortable, to me - but I haven't used either so I really couldn't say.

I'm using a generic $60 grip from the 'Bay:

3pneMMp.

Which has an almost perfect fit for my large hands, and feels really smooth and solidly built. Shame about the blocked SD cart slot though.

Attached Files:

7. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

But how do you get to the card?

8. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    Daros
    Yeah that's the kicker, you have to unscrew the grip if you want to get to it. I wouldn't recommend the grip if that bothers you - it doesn't for me, so I don't mind.

I've seen some people take a saw to it, or something like that. Doesn't look pretty but whatever works for them.