EM5 Goes to Escalante

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by remoteman45, Jun 15, 2013.

1. remoteman45

remoteman45 Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 21, 2013
    This was my first real outing with the camera and it didn't disappoint. I was used to carrying an E3 and I gotta tell you - the significantly lighter camera was so nice to pack around. I used the 9-18mm for all these shots sometimes with ND filters and a polarizer for the waterfalls. Next week I'm off to Havasupai for 3 days in the canyon so I'll have a trip report and photos to post from that trip. The canyon country of the American southwest is so awesome and I live here too so I get to explore it a lot. Enjoy

Attached Files:

2. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Stunning shots!!!

3. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    Agreed! Just Awesome :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Mu-43 mobile app

4. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    Awesome! I await your Havasupai shots! I hope to be down there for the first time in the fall.The last time I got to explore the Southwest desert was with my D90.When I'm in Zion,or Monument Valley,I try to imagine what it must be like for a German or Japanese,or English tourist to see this landscape.Amazing country.

5. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    Great shots of one of my favorite place!

6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Awesome and beautiful set! :2thumbs:

7. PhilS

PhilS Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 24, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Phil Savory
    Great set of photos and what a beautiful place... I need to get something wider than my 12-35mm

8. Awesome shots. Are those taken on The Grand Staircase portion?

If ever in Escalante proper I recommend the Circle D eatery - most excellent.

As an aside during the early 1980s I had a friend make a house call on that reservation. They were using a golf cart with a bolted on gurney for patient transport down on the canyon floor. The docs would fly in to Peach Springs, hold a clinic there, overnight in a motel and helicopter into the canyon the next morning to hold a clinic there. The tribe members were a pleasure to be around.