EM5 Goes to Escalante

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by remoteman45, Jun 15, 2013.

1. remoteman45

remoteman45 Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 21, 2013
    This was my first real outing with the camera and it didn't disappoint. I was used to carrying an E3 and I gotta tell you - the significantly lighter camera was so nice to pack around. I used the 9-18mm for all these shots sometimes with ND filters and a polarizer for the waterfalls. Next week I'm off to Havasupai for 3 days in the canyon so I'll have a trip report and photos to post from that trip. The canyon country of the American southwest is so awesome and I live here too so I get to explore it a lot. Enjoy

Attached Files:

2. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Stunning shots!!!

3. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    Agreed! Just Awesome :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Mu-43 mobile app

4. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    Awesome! I await your Havasupai shots! I hope to be down there for the first time in the fall.The last time I got to explore the Southwest desert was with my D90.When I'm in Zion,or Monument Valley,I try to imagine what it must be like for a German or Japanese,or English tourist to see this landscape.Amazing country.

5. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    Great shots of one of my favorite place!

6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Awesome and beautiful set! :2thumbs:

7. PhilS

PhilS Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 24, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Phil Savory
    Great set of photos and what a beautiful place... I need to get something wider than my 12-35mm

8. Awesome shots. Are those taken on The Grand Staircase portion?

If ever in Escalante proper I recommend the Circle D eatery - most excellent.

As an aside during the early 1980s I had a friend make a house call on that reservation. They were using a golf cart with a bolted on gurney for patient transport down on the canyon floor. The docs would fly in to Peach Springs, hold a clinic there, overnight in a motel and helicopter into the canyon the next morning to hold a clinic there. The tribe members were a pleasure to be around.