EM5 focus point.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by rxstuve, Jun 6, 2013.

1. rxstuve

rxstuve Mu-43 Regular

Mar 14, 2012
    USA
    I have figured out to use the fn1 button to reduce the size of the focus point. I am constantly moving the focus box out of center and take pics. The box consistently is located out of center on the LCD and in eye viewer. When I review the pictures later in aperture and it shows focus point. Focus point is always in center.

If I don't reduce the focus box and move box off center it shows off center in aperture.

Ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Rick

2. rxstuve

rxstuve Mu-43 Regular

Mar 14, 2012
    USA
    EM5 focus box

NO one else has issues with focus point staying in the center with reduced focus box and moving away from center? Just to clarify as I will call Olympus if this is an issue.

1. Make focus box small by pressing fn2
    2. Move focus box to upper right 1/3
    3. Take picture / import to Aperture
    4. Turn on focus location in aperture when reviewing photos and the box is in the center.
    5. Use normal size focus box and the focus box is correctly located in upper right hand 1/3.

Any input would be great.

Rick

3. DanSullivan

DanSullivan Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    Colorado
    Dan Sullivan
    Is the image correctly focused at the off-center point that you picked?
    Or is the focus position just reported incorrectly when you import it into Aperture.

4. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

pp 45 of user manual step #4 says zoom is cancelled upon 1/2 press unless in mode 2. Maybe?

You mean the focus point as recorded in metadata? I think that is single AF box position and not the zoom AF view selection.