EM5 Firmware

Ricoh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Thanks fortwodriver, that's the only option I suppose. The camera battery does after all have a finite charge. The way this is going, the end of time as we know it might well come first.
By your forum name, I take it you have a Smart - well snap! My wife has a CDi cabriolet four two. Quirky little cars!

Ricoh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Having quitted and disconnected, the camera still has the original firmware and is functioning ok.
Don't know whether I'd risk it again, even though the update would have benefits if I could download it successfully.
Anyone else had a similar experience?

fortwodriver

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Frank
Thanks fortwodriver, that's the only option I suppose. The camera battery does after all have a finite charge. The way this is going, the end of time as we know it might well come first.
By your forum name, I take it you have a Smart - well snap! My wife has a CDi cabriolet four two. Quirky little cars!

Yes. The software, while not the most elegant solution, does work when it can download the firmware. Eventually the camera switches into its loading mode and goes through the process of updating. But yeah, if you don't get that far you shouldn't have any problems.

You're right... I have a smart CDI coupe fortwo with everything but the paddle shifters. I've had mine since 2006 and had no problems with it at all. In snow, it's like a little tank!

Ricoh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Ours is a 2011 model, 0.8 l diesel, softop with paddle shift. 70+ mpg (UK gallons being = 4.54 litres).

Back on topic, I'll have to try the firmware update again when I have more time to waste!

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
Having quitted and disconnected, the camera still has the original firmware and is functioning ok.
Don't know whether I'd risk it again, even though the update would have benefits if I could download it successfully.
Anyone else had a similar experience?

Maybe the weekend is when everyone else had the same idea & perhaps trying it at a quieter time on the internet where you are & for Olympus Japan, you might get it downloaded much quicker & with success.

Ricoh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
That's a good point; when I tried earlier it was 06:00 hrs in Japan, so it should have been fairly quiet. Also here in the UK, Top Gear was on which draws in millions of viewers, watching 2 idiots plus James May distroying cars. I'll consider the time differential and traffic peaks on the Internet next time I risk it!

runner girl

Mu-43 Veteran
It is worth the trouble to up-date. I have been increasingly frustrated with the "hunting for focus" and find that this up-date really helps that. It also seems to make the S-AF +MF mode much more usable.

Latest threads

Top Bottom