1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

EM5 cheap replacement eyecup?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by lefty, Jan 30, 2013.

1. lefty

lefty Mu-43 Regular

FOUND! EM5 cheap replacement eyecup

I've lost the standard EP10 eyecup off my EM5 and want a cheap replacement. I don't want the bigger EP11 and the EP10 is hard to get and I see myself losing it again. I noticed there are lots of Canikon eyecups for less than $2 delivered on ebay. So my question is , for people with more than 1 camera, is there an eyecup from a different camera that may work on the EM5? I don't mind doing slight modification to the eyecup to make it fit. If there is one that is a close enough fit , please let me know.

EDIT: found one for cheap.see page 2

2. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi.I lost mine and ordered EP10 from UK. It arrived and guess what? I lost it again and finally I have decided to remain without one. I dont think there is any which will fit OMD.
    good luck if u get one .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

3. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
  4. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    There's no third party replacement (yet), ad the problem with using one for another camera is the eye level sensor that's on the right side of the viewfinder.

5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Gaffer tape is your friend!

6. robertro

robertro Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 22, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    All the same fixes we always used on the E-3 and E-5 eyecups should work just fine on the E-M5 eyecup. My favorite solution is to run a thin strip of electrical tape inside the track. That provides more than enough friction holding power that it will never come off if you don't want to, but is also totally non-destructive and the eyecup can still come on and off just like normal, and replaced with other cups, magnifiers, etc. I would never use glue when clean, non-destructive methods are so easy.

Not that any of this will help Lefty to find a replacement cup, of course... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Thanks guys for replies but I want to kill Oly engineer who designed this . Why the hell it should fall so easily ?:frown::frown::frown:

9. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    The eyecup on my OM-D is a hassle to remove and I thought I had a problem with it. I'm okay with it now.

10. lefty

lefty Mu-43 Regular

11. lefty

lefty Mu-43 Regular

I went ahead and ordered a DK23 eyecup from ebay for the princely sum of $1.22 delivered. Took 3 weeks to arrive but it fits the EM5 just like in the link robertro posted. It is chunkier but doesn't cover the eye sensor, can't complain at that price!

dk23 | eBay

I also found my EP10 so here is a side by side

Attached Files:

12. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

It looks like you can't use the accessories port though & even with the EP11 it is a little awkward getting the flash on (for remote flash control), but nice to use with my glasses though. It (EP11) also lessens the false activation of the EVF when using the touch screen to view images by shielding the sensor a little.