EM5/10 (strap!)

jcm5

Mu-43 Veteran
What is (are) your preferred strap for the EM10? Neck vs. wrist and the various kinds that are available out there? Looking for some inspiration or suggestions. Anyone want to show me a picture of their EM5 or EM10 with the straps?

Thanks!

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mark

LowriderS10

Monkey with a camera.
Part of the reason I got the E-M5 is to go stealthy...I hate factory straps because they're usually uncomfortable and are billboards for the manufacturer...so, to go with the E-M5's retro looks, I picked up a suuuuuuper comfortable, retro-looking, stealthy dark blue and black wide cotton strap. It was cheap too, about $16. After a year of heavy usage, it's showing no real signs of wear...I just wish I would have picked up another one, for when this wears out in a few years...I like it that much! :D (Sorry, not the best pic of the strap, but you get the idea).

View attachment 365374

WendyK

Super Moderator
Real Name
Wendy
I also have the Peak Design Leash and Cuff set and I love them. Super comfortable to wear, secure, quick to remove or switch between leash and cuff, and the straps take up very little space in the bag.

tuxxdk

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Martin
I prefer a hand strap with my E-M10. I got a nice quality leather strap off of eBay for little money.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401735265.038754.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yycdave

Mu-43 Regular
Jpby Convertible Neck Strap. I find that it really compliments the small and light nature of this camera. I find I seldom use the neck strap but it is niece to have for larger or legacy lenses.

Carbvent%201.jpg

Carbvent%202.jpg

gugarci

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bill
I'm looking for a new strap myself. My current Optech straps is too bulky with my GX7 & E-P3. The Peak straps look good but removing the connectors off the camera when not using a straps takes about the same amount of time that it takes me to remove my current Optech utility loops & mini loops. I'm looking for something for myself that's even quicker to remove. I really like the Lance Quick connect straps. I just don't want to pay $68 for a straps. Would love to find something with a quick connect clamps like this for around $30.
http://lancecamerastraps.com/classic-quick-connect/

Photophil

Mu-43 Regular
What is (are) your preferred strap for the EM10? Neck vs. wrist and the various kinds that are available out there? Looking for some inspiration or suggestions. Anyone want to show me a picture of their EM5 or EM10 with the straps?

Thanks!

I purchased a Peak Design cuff, thinking I would like a wrist strap for my E-PL5. While the Cuff appears well made, I found it too small for my hand, making it difficult to put on and take off - impossible with even thin gloves. And my hands are not that large. I also found that hanging from my wrist, the camera banged on anything I reached for. Getting keys out of my pocket and other mundane activities became a problem. So I went back to Oly neck strap. The Peak Design Leash looks good, but after buying the cuff, which I'm not using, I don't want to pay Peak's rather high price for the Leash. However, my wife uses the cuff and seems to like it. But she has really small hands.

hrsy1234

Mu-43 Regular
Barton 1972 braided, in black. Long enough to wear across-body.

10375860_533837796727493_1641588819_n.jpg

jcm5

Mu-43 Veteran
Barton 1972 braided, in black. Long enough to wear across-body.

10375860_533837796727493_1641588819_n.jpg

wow I def like this look, what's the $?

phinix

Mu-43 Rookie
Anyone has fabric/canvas straps?
I'm after one, just cannot decide which...

This one looks really nice.

IMGP0335-340x340.jpg

D

Deleted member 20897

I use Black Rapid straps for all my cameras. Love them.

tuxxdk

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Martin
Canvas sounds nice... hrm... I might like that even more than my leather strap. Sounds like a DIY job to me, something for the rainy days.

Harvey Melvin Richards

Photo Posting Junkie
I purchased a Peak Design cuff, thinking I would like a wrist strap for my E-PL5. While the Cuff appears well made, I found it too small for my hand, making it difficult to put on and take off - impossible with even thin gloves. And my hands are not that large. I also found that hanging from my wrist, the camera banged on anything I reached for. Getting keys out of my pocket and other mundane activities became a problem. So I went back to Oly neck strap. The Peak Design Leash looks good, but after buying the cuff, which I'm not using, I don't want to pay Peak's rather high price for the Leash. However, my wife uses the cuff and seems to like it. But she has really small hands.

I'm using a Cuff on my E-M10 and I also find it too small. I can get my hand in, but it takes my other hand to get it off. What I usually do is just put 4 fingers through the Cuff and I find it easier to remove. It's not as secure this way, but for quick shots it's much easier to use. I also have the Leash, but I only put it on when I know I will be carrying the camera for a while.

Mikefellh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
First I have to say I despise Black Rapid type straps because they go in front of the next (I have a sensitive gag reflex, real fun when I go to the dentist and barber, and I only take jobs where I don't have to wear a tie); BR does have a "bra" strap which pulls the strap away from the next but that's just a silly fix for a bad strap design!

Wrist straps aren't great for anything more than point&shoot cameras. The whole idea of the strap is to support the camera while keeping your hands free.

Personally I prefer neoprene straps as they have the most shock absorption (I bought many different straps over several decades). I just have the basic one for the lighter E-M5's, but here's the one I used with the E-3, made by Roots:
RootsStrap.jpg

Galengwath

Mu-43 Regular
I use DSPTCH straps on my EM-1 and EM-10. I use a sling strap if I'm going to be carrying the camera a lot and want it handy but my hands free, and wrist straps the rest of the time. It's quite convenient to switch between the wrist and sling straps, which I appreciate.

Latest threads

Top Bottom