EM1MK11 problem

panamike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Don't think its a settings problem as I will explain.

Most of the time I use two custom modes and it can happen in both, I use AF-C 95% of the time and both modes are set to this. When I arrive at the lake and have got the camera out I switch it on before I head off, my first use can be 1-5 min later, now the problem, not every time but often I start a burst on something flying past, can see the subject for the first shot then the EVF goes black, I don't let this stop me as keeping with a flying birds is a lot to do with feeling, when I take my finger off the shutter button the EVF image comes back.

This can happen for the first 1-3 times I use it, now we come to why I don't think its a setting, the problem goes away until the next time I go out, if I had just switched the camera on I would think I hadn't given it enough time to ready itself

Anyone experience anything similar

Growltiger

Mu-43 All-Pro
Sequential Low or Sequential High?
Mechanical shutter or electronic shutter?
Where is the LCD sceen? Is it against the camera or sticking out? Can you see it or is it folded in against the camera so you can't see it? (As an experiment try it folded in so you can't see it.)
Are you using automatic switching or LCD/EVF? Try setting it to manual instead. Perhaps you eye isn't staying near the EVF at the start.
Try a good SD card e.g. SanDisk Extreme Pro 300 MB/s. Use the top slot only.
It should be possible to pin it down.

panamike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Sequential Low or Sequential High?
Mechanical shutter or electronic shutter?
Where is the LCD sceen? Is it against the camera or sticking out? Can you see it or is it folded in against the camera so you can't see it? (As an experiment try it folded in so you can't see it.)
Are you using automatic switching or LCD/EVF? Try setting it to manual instead. Perhaps you eye isn't staying near the EVF at the start.
Try a good SD card e.g. SanDisk Extreme Pro 300 MB/s. Use the top slot only.
It should be possible to pin it down.
Sequential low

One custom-made Mechanical one Electronic

Lcd turned in

Not using automatic switching

Sandisk extreme pro-300mbs

As i say it doesn't do it every time and when it does it stops doing it with out me altering any settings

comment23

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Simon
Don't think its a settings problem as I will explain.

Most of the time I use two custom modes and it can happen in both, I use AF-C 95% of the time and both modes are set to this. When I arrive at the lake and have got the camera out I switch it on before I head off, my first use can be 1-5 min later, now the problem, not every time but often I start a burst on something flying past, can see the subject for the first shot then the EVF goes black, I don't let this stop me as keeping with a flying birds is a lot to do with feeling, when I take my finger off the shutter button the EVF image comes back.

This can happen for the first 1-3 times I use it, now we come to why I don't think its a setting, the problem goes away until the next time I go out, if I had just switched the camera on I would think I hadn't given it enough time to ready itself

Anyone experience anything similar
I *think* I’ve had similar and again don’t recall it happening before FW3.x. I put it down to waking from sleep (the camera, not me). I should try some controlled tests at some point to see if that’s the cause for me.

panamike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I *think* I’ve had similar and again don’t recall it happening before FW3.x. I put it down to waking from sleep (the camera, not me). I should try some controlled tests at some point to see if that’s the cause for me.
I would say you may have a possibility relating it to that, if i use one lake i walk from the car park using a walking stick so the camera is just hanging on my shoulder, the other lake i use my scooter so the camera is on my knee, i can then touch the shutter button to keep it awake.

I will take notice if i have kept it awake or not.

blackfox wildlife

Mu-43 Regular
mike I have my EVF set to be on all the time . its akin to using a DSLR there is no blackout at all ,screen turned in . 100% of the time I have it set to turnoff after 5 minutes of inactivity , so far I haven't noticed any significant battery drain it lasts me a whole session /days shooting

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom