EM10II SD card 280MB/s

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by D MATIC, Feb 24, 2016.

1. D MATIC

D MATIC Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2012
    Just bought an EM10II and have been using it with a 95MB/s SD card. I need to buy new SD card because now I have two cameras. Are there any advantages getting the new faster 280MB/s speed cards rather than the 95MB/s for the EM10II?

Also, does this only affect burst shooting and video? I notice that my EM10II seems to write to the card slower than my Panasonic camera on single shot mode. On the EM10II once I take a photo, the screen blacks out quickly, then returns, then there is a red SD icon that flashes on the top left signifying that it is writing to the card. While it is writing, there is a very short half-second "pause" where I have to wait until I can take the next photo. What is kind of odd tho, is if I half-press the shutter before the red SD icon flashes, I can get the camera to be ready to shoot with no "pause". On my Panasonic camera this never happens, there is no black out, no pause, it is ready instantly to take the next photo. Will a faster card help in this situation?