1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EM10 New Firmware

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by st3amco0ker, May 21, 2014.

1. st3amco0ker

st3amco0ker Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 7, 2012
  2. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    It does. Some folks who tried it on DPReview are claiming (and showing examples that back it up) that it's quite effective.

3. fof9l

fof9l New to Mu-43

Mar 2, 2014
    Toronto, Canada, and Bournemouth UK
    Nigel Blumenthal
    Can't see anything to download on the page shown. Just a box that says "E-M10" and, tantalizingly, a "New" flash. Hmmm...

4. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Olympus doesn't let you download the firmware directly. You can only install it using their Olympus Viewer or Olympus Digital Camera Updater programs (both free downloads).

5. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Thanks for the heads-up about the new firmware. I just enabled 0-second anti-shock and will give it a try ASAP.

It took me a bit to figure out how to turn this feature on, so .... To enable it on the E-M10, go to Gears menu E and scroll down to Anti-Shock. Turn it on and then scroll down to "0." I'd previously used the 1/8 second anti-shock on my E-PM1 and found that it worked well, so I'm eager to try out the 0-second anti-shock on my new E-M10. I have a MySet for high-speed exposure bracketing, and of course, anti-shock is turned of when I enable that particular MySet.