Em10 ND filters and Bracketing questions?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by snerkler, May 15, 2014.

1. snerkler

snerkler Mu-43 Regular

Apr 27, 2014
    Can anyone recommend any quick fitting ND filters for the EM10, just run into my first issues as I didn't realise the shutter speed only went up to 1/4000 and shooting outside in the sun wide open at f1.8 needs a faster shutter? I wonder why Olly only made the EM10 go up to 1/4000 instead of 1/8000 like the EM1 and EP5? Especially considering its main rival, the GX7, goes up to 1/8000.

Whilst I'm asking questions, is there a way you can create a short cut to bracketing rather than going through the very long winded menu system, like adding it to the super control panel? I can set it to a myset and then allocate this to one of the functions on the control dial that I don't use, such as iAuto, but it seems a bit odd Olly haven't included this on the super control panel to me :confused:

2. Timmy

Timmy Mu-43 Regular

Dec 3, 2013
    Wiltshire - UK
    On a sunny day I just leave a CPL filter on - stops enough light to use my Oly 45mm wide open at 1/4000 (unless pointing directly at sunlight).
    All my Filters are screw in - but it's quick enough, I've got B+W & Marumi DHG filters and they are both great.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Quickest fit is either a Vari-ND, or something like a Cokin or Tiffen square drop-in filter. Going from 1/4000-1/8000 requires a much stronger shutter assembly to stand up to the forces needed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. snerkler

snerkler Mu-43 Regular

Apr 27, 2014
    Thanks for the replies. I didn't realise that about the shutter assembly, guess that would bump the price up a bit then.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.