Em10 ND filters and Bracketing questions?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by snerkler, May 15, 2014.

1. snerkler

snerkler Mu-43 Regular

Apr 27, 2014
    Can anyone recommend any quick fitting ND filters for the EM10, just run into my first issues as I didn't realise the shutter speed only went up to 1/4000 and shooting outside in the sun wide open at f1.8 needs a faster shutter? I wonder why Olly only made the EM10 go up to 1/4000 instead of 1/8000 like the EM1 and EP5? Especially considering its main rival, the GX7, goes up to 1/8000.

Whilst I'm asking questions, is there a way you can create a short cut to bracketing rather than going through the very long winded menu system, like adding it to the super control panel? I can set it to a myset and then allocate this to one of the functions on the control dial that I don't use, such as iAuto, but it seems a bit odd Olly haven't included this on the super control panel to me :confused:
  2. Timmy

Timmy Mu-43 Regular

Dec 3, 2013
    Wiltshire - UK
    On a sunny day I just leave a CPL filter on - stops enough light to use my Oly 45mm wide open at 1/4000 (unless pointing directly at sunlight).
    All my Filters are screw in - but it's quick enough, I've got B+W & Marumi DHG filters and they are both great.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Quickest fit is either a Vari-ND, or something like a Cokin or Tiffen square drop-in filter. Going from 1/4000-1/8000 requires a much stronger shutter assembly to stand up to the forces needed.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. snerkler

snerkler Mu-43 Regular

Apr 27, 2014
    Thanks for the replies. I didn't realise that about the shutter assembly, guess that would bump the price up a bit then.