EM10 Mk2 question about video AF

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Crow, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Crow

Crow New to Mu-43

Oct 30, 2015
    Hi everyone. I'm new here and I'm a recent owner of a em10 mk2. I've been trying to get the single point AF to work in video mode, by pressing the shutter button, to refocus , but it doesn't seem to work. I called Olympus and they said that their camera worked by pressing the shutter button to focus in that mode. So I just wanted to double check and see if anyone else can focus with their shutter button in single point af, in video mode. Thanks, Crow.
  2. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    Don't have one so taking a guess here, but if you take the video with the back LCD screen on, can you tap the screen to refocus on the point you tap? I see to recall reading that might be a feature on some models.

On a side note since you are probably NOT using old 4/3rds lenses, I do know that on the E-M1 when shooting video with the old 4/3rds lenses you can AF anytime before you start recording, but once you start recording video the lens will no longer AF which is different that how micro-43 lenses work on the E-M1 with video.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  3. aphasiac

aphasiac Mu-43 Regular

Oct 18, 2015
    I've just tried, confirmed you can't refocus using the shutter button or touch to focus.

Seems to be a bug as single point AF works as expected on my old EPL5.
  4. Crow

Crow New to Mu-43

Oct 30, 2015
    Thanks PakkyT and aphasiac. I find it curious that the Olympus guy I talked to on the phone, said his EM10 mk2 camera worked with the shutter button in S-AF+MF. I did discover that my camera will AF in that mode ,if I press the function 1 button, but that is sort of a stretch for my thumb that results in some unwanted camera movement. Hopefully, Olympus will get it sorted out.