1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

EM10 Mk2 question about video AF

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Crow, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Crow

Crow New to Mu-43

Oct 30, 2015
    Hi everyone. I'm new here and I'm a recent owner of a em10 mk2. I've been trying to get the single point AF to work in video mode, by pressing the shutter button, to refocus , but it doesn't seem to work. I called Olympus and they said that their camera worked by pressing the shutter button to focus in that mode. So I just wanted to double check and see if anyone else can focus with their shutter button in single point af, in video mode. Thanks, Crow.

2. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    Don't have one so taking a guess here, but if you take the video with the back LCD screen on, can you tap the screen to refocus on the point you tap? I see to recall reading that might be a feature on some models.

On a side note since you are probably NOT using old 4/3rds lenses, I do know that on the E-M1 when shooting video with the old 4/3rds lenses you can AF anytime before you start recording, but once you start recording video the lens will no longer AF which is different that how micro-43 lenses work on the E-M1 with video.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  3. aphasiac

aphasiac Mu-43 Regular

Oct 18, 2015
    Taiwan
    I've just tried, confirmed you can't refocus using the shutter button or touch to focus.

Seems to be a bug as single point AF works as expected on my old EPL5.

4. Crow

Crow New to Mu-43

Oct 30, 2015
    Thanks PakkyT and aphasiac. I find it curious that the Olympus guy I talked to on the phone, said his EM10 mk2 camera worked with the shutter button in S-AF+MF. I did discover that my camera will AF in that mode ,if I press the function 1 button, but that is sort of a stretch for my thumb that results in some unwanted camera movement. Hopefully, Olympus will get it sorted out.