EM10 ii?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jcm5, Jul 2, 2015.

1. jcm5

jcm5 Mu-43 Veteran

May 12, 2014
    Just thought I would point you all to this : http://www.43rumors.com/ft5-e-m10ii-camera/

Not sure how reliable or not these things are, but I suppose given that EM5 ii came out, it wouldn't surprise me to have a 2nd iteration of the EM10.

I wonder what they would do with the EM10 ii? Any thoughts? I suppose it's always fun to just speculate.
  2. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2013
    Hereford, UK
    Martin Connolly
    An inbuilt ND filter would be nice. It can't be right that the lookalike Stylus 1 has something the OM-D doesn't! Also a quick way to revert a mode dial setting to its default (I think the Pentax green button does something like that doesn't it? I find the Myset business very frustrating - as I understand it you need to assign a myset to all your most used dial settings or none of them. Just having one that did something specific would be more useful for me.
  3. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee

May 3, 2013
    Ha, this could explain the extraordinarily cheap EM10s during Olympus's most recent refurbished sale. Inexplicably, the EM10 was being sold for cheaper than the EPL7.

Thinking about the upgrades that have been made for the EM5ii, and considering the features they'd want to save for the higher-end camera (sensor-shift high-res mode), I'd guess the new one will have:
    • Improved EVF
    • Electronic shutter with higher max speed
    • Improved video files
    • Selfie-flipping screen (?)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    After using my E-M5 II and E-M10 side by side, the E-M10 actually feels better in hand. The E-M5 II seems to be all over the place in regards to ergonomics. The E-M10 is a very good camera in my opinion and I'm surprised it isn't more popular especially for the price they're selling for.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. sdb123

sdb123 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 25, 2014
    Northants, UK
    With how well the original E-M10 was specced, I'm hoping Olympus stick with the same approach.

I'm going for:

Electronic shutter with improved shutter speed
    Either the flip screen from the EPL-7 or articulating screen from E-M5 MKII
  6. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    I doubt there would be an ND built into the body, those are much harder/expensive to implement than the in lens ones found a lot of the fixed lens cameras.

I think they will keep the shutter speed at 1/4000 and the 3 axis IBIS. Otherwise, the EM10 would just be a non-weather sealed EM5 MkII.

I think Olympus is going to differentiate the EM10 as the entry level, the EM5 as the intermediate and the EM1 as the pro level, speced accordingly.
  7. SrPantuflas

SrPantuflas Mu-43 Regular

May 26, 2013
    Chile, South America.
    I can't think of too many features to add. Considering that isn't the flagship model.
    Maybe they will pull a "Ricoh GR II" and will be some small changes and "reset" the price. :hmmm:

Good thing: EM-10 are cheap now, considering getting one!
  8. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    The best part of this is I get to read a new set of comments on the 43 Rumors site. Sort of DPR lite.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I can't think what they would add and not have it be exactly like the E-M5II. The E-M10 was already better than the E-M5 in many ways and the E-M5 II was considered a small upgrade by many.
  10. Krigskoen

Krigskoen Mu-43 Regular

Jun 10, 2015
    This always happens whenever I buy a new camera ;) That explains the low price and cashback then. An electronic shutter would probably be a logical upgrade, unless they don't want to interfere with sales of the EM-5.
  11. PeeBee

PeeBee Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 17, 2012
    Fully articulated screen (oh yes, I went there! :dash2:)

Panasonic's low light autofocus ability.

EVF eye sensor that switches just the display and not the mode.

Electronic shutter.
  12. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee

May 3, 2013
    Can you elaborate?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. PeeBee

PeeBee Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 17, 2012
    On both my Panasonics if you raise the camera to your eye, it just switches from the rear screen to the EVF, and when you remove it from your eye, it switches back to rear screen. The camera stays in the current record or playback mode.

On my E-M10, if you are reviewing a photo on the rear screen and raise the camera to your eye, it switches to record mode, assuming that you want to take a shot.
  14. SkiHound

SkiHound Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2012
    I think I might call it DPR heavy. They can be pretty funny but there is almost no semi-rationale comments. Just rants about how (fill in the glorifying or condemning adjective) products that aren't even on the market will be. Add lots of name calling and blatantly incorrect information stated with absolute authority, and you have a really fun mix.
  15. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Good description. I understand a heated discussion, but I've never gotten this name calling.
  16. gary0319

gary0319 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 26, 2014
    Sarasota FL
    Just got back today from the Maiden shoot of my wife's new E-M5 II. I was using my E-M10 by her side. Both shooting with Panasonic 100-300.
    The IQ of the images were dead equal. Faster shutter speed with burst focusing on the 5 II was nice. Also the additional fn buttons was a plus. OIS on panny 100-300 outperformed the 5 axis with the OIS turned off on the lens. Bigger viewfinder is great.

I'd bite on a new E-M10 II with Electronic Shutter, bigger Viewfinder and AF on faster burst modes. If the new E-M10 is just a warm over of the current model, I'll probably spring for the E-M5 II and keep my E-M10 as a second body.

Ok, I couldn't help myself........E-M5II is on its way from B&H. Just put my GX7 Kit up for sale.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015