1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EM10 does Nashville and Memphis (mucho photos)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Swandy, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    Spent a long weekend traveling between Memphis (ELVIS!!!) and Nashville. Took the EM-10, the 14-42EZ Pancake (which I had just picked up), the Olympus 17mm/1.8 and the 9mm Fisheye BCL lens. Overall very happy with the small size/weight of the combination and the resulting photos. Had some fun with the Fisheye lens (more fun than the 15mm version, which I also have and like). But was very happy with the results from the 14-42EZ Pancake. Took a bit getting used to the electronic zoom, but aside from that was very happy with the AF performance (even indoors) and the resulting photos. All shot JPEGs and imported into Apple Aperture. On most I just used the Auto Enhance in Aperture and resized them for posting. (First 4 are with the 14-42EZ Pancake. Next three are the 17mm and the last two are the Fisheye BCL.)

Comments and questions welcome. Steve

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 13
  2. DL Photo

DL Photo Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2012
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Dave
    Nice pictures Steve. The more I use and see the results of the EZ lens, the more I like it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DL Photo

DL Photo Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2012
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Dave
    Good results from the BCL as well. May have to get one just for some fun shots.

4. billbooz

billbooz Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2014
    Lynchburg, VA USA
    William H. Booz
    Really nice, sharp shots, Steve! Wow, "you must have a great camera!" <g> Seriously, you (the photographer, not the camera) have done a nice job, but isn't it great that we have such improved equipment to help us get such crisp images?

Agree that the EZ electronic zoom does take some getting used to. Since my 3/29 "freeze ups" with the EZ I haven't had any reoccurrences so am assuming it was, indeed, my fault and it was just too damp. Have you had your EZ freeze on you, Steve?

5. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    Nice pics, I haven't been to TN in a number of years. The E-M10 with the O17 & EZ is a real nice combo.

6. PatrickNSF

PatrickNSF Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Patrick
    Steve – Great shots. Curious if you took and/or used your Stylus 1 during this trip also, or stuck with the E-M10.

7. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    Nope no problems with the lens or the camera locking up that I remember.
    Thanks for the photographer compliment.

8. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    Thought about it but felt that on this type of trip I really would not miss the longer lens. When we go to Israel and Jordan in the fall I will probably take it along for both the longer lens (if I don't take my 40-150) and to have a backup camera.