EM10/2 card slot problem

Real Name
Steve
Just putting a card into my EM10/2, and I was putting it in the right way round and it wouldn't hold down.

The card holds down OK when the entry door is closed and the works OK. I don't suppose it's worth sending an EM10/2 away for repair as they're not worth that much.

Anyone else had this problem?

Edit: looks like it's still under warranty, I'll contact the camera shop

Last edited:

RAH

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rich
Just to state the obvious, if it's still under warranty, I'd get them to fix it. I find that problem to be worrisome. Even though you say it works OK if you force it to stay down by closing the door, I'd worry that it isn't always making proper contact. I mean, this is a pretty critical thing with a digital camera - the card has to work perfectly or all bets are off! You'd be rightly pretty upset if say 10% of your images were garbled or just weren't taken at all. Yikes! :)

Real Name
Steve
IIt is still under warranty thank goodness, by 23 days. I've contacted the shop and they said to send it to then with a scan of the original receipt - fingers crossed:)

runner girl

Mu-43 Veteran
I always make the same response... if you used a credit card to buy it you likely have an additional 1 (or maybe 2) year warranty provided via your credit card company. It would be in the list of benefits. Most people forget this is provided. I used it a while back - they reimbursed me for repair costs. Even if your warranty covers this, keep it in mind for the future.

Real Name
Steve
....the bad news, they didn't return it with the original Oly battery that they said I had to return it with, it arrived today with an Oly 8gb card (I sent it card empty) but the battery compartment was empty! I'm sure it will work out in the end - good to have the number 2 cam back anyway :)

ph.

Mu-43 Regular
Norwegian consumer protection is quite strong.5 years guarantee for a product that is supposed to last the course. The card stuck in my 3years old Pen F and it was fixed for free. The shop where I bought it even provided a loan camera without charging. Excellent service.

p.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom