1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

EM10/2 card slot problem

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by StephenB, Jun 23, 2019.

1. StephenB

StephenB Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Aug 29, 2018
    Somerset UK
    Steve
    Just putting a card into my EM10/2, and I was putting it in the right way round and it wouldn't hold down.

The card holds down OK when the entry door is closed and the works OK. I don't suppose it's worth sending an EM10/2 away for repair as they're not worth that much.

Anyone else had this problem?

Edit: looks like it's still under warranty, I'll contact the camera shop

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  2. RAH

RAH Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Dec 1, 2013
    New Hampshire
    Rich
    Just to state the obvious, if it's still under warranty, I'd get them to fix it. I find that problem to be worrisome. Even though you say it works OK if you force it to stay down by closing the door, I'd worry that it isn't always making proper contact. I mean, this is a pretty critical thing with a digital camera - the card has to work perfectly or all bets are off! You'd be rightly pretty upset if say 10% of your images were garbled or just weren't taken at all. Yikes! :) 

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. StephenB

StephenB Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Aug 29, 2018
    Somerset UK
    Steve
    IIt is still under warranty thank goodness, by 23 days. I've contacted the shop and they said to send it to then with a scan of the original receipt - fingers crossed:) 

• Like Like x 2
  4. runner girl

runner girl Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Nov 26, 2011
    I always make the same response... if you used a credit card to buy it you likely have an additional 1 (or maybe 2) year warranty provided via your credit card company. It would be in the list of benefits. Most people forget this is provided. I used it a while back - they reimbursed me for repair costs. Even if your warranty covers this, keep it in mind for the future.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.