EM1 with 0sec antishock + burst mode?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by hazwing, Jul 5, 2015.

1. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Just wondering if it is possible to use the 0sec antishock in burst mode (L or H)?

On my em5, I would be able to 1/8sec antishock in burst mode, however on the em1 this does not seem available for the 0sec antishock.
  2. Clemo

Clemo Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2015
    Viewing your post history it seems like you'd be a fun person to be around. :rolleyes-38:
  3. fortwodriver

fortwodriver Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Lol, that was funny...
    Hmm... I'm pretty sure i can't even run burst mode in "Zero second" delay mode. It greys out the option. As far as I can tell, bursting with the anti-shock system on would cause problems due to the delay. Also, in burst mode, the shutter is flapping away so quickly (10fps) that out of all the frames you zip through, only the first one or two will have shutter-shock...

Does anyone know if the shutter actually double-cycles in burst mode? Or does it only double-cycle for the first and last frame in the sequence?
  4. ashburtononline

ashburtononline Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 21, 2015
    New Zealand
    Just answered a simple question .... Is it possible to run H and L burst with 0 secs set as anti shock? Sure it is .... My EM1s are set to 0 secs and they work fine like this.
  5. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    As stated above, you're incorrect: EM1 wil NOT run H or L bursts and apply 0-sec antishock in same time. It will run bursts without 0-sec antishock or will run bursts with antishock at 1/8s or longer.
    • Agree Agree x 1