EM1 Raw Format Change with latest firmware?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by tornado, Mar 11, 2015.

1. tornado

tornado Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Anyone know if the Olympus EM1 firmware update modified the RAW format,?
    My fav raw processing app, AfterShotPro 2, no longer seems to recognize the .orf formats from my EM1 following the firmware update. Older files from same camera are working fine.

2. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Is it possible that aftershot looks at the firmware version and it does not recognize 3.0? As far as I know, the RAW format shouldn't have been modified in any way.

3. tornado

tornado Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    There could be some EXIF detail changes on the new firmware versions. Will check that...

4. datagov

datagov Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2012
    New York
    good luck getting corel to update that in less than a year. I left Aftershot in 2014 and have no regrets. Using Darktable now and it is far superior with regular updates and feature enhancements that work.

5. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Capture One Pro 8 is a good option too.

6. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    I was a big Bibble 5 user and carried on when it became AfterShotPro for a little while - until the lack of new camera support pushed me to Lightroom. I'm glad I did. Going back to ASP now is like stepping back in time. Do yourself a favour and just switch to LR!

7. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

If buying, then I suggest looking at the options before paying out the money & here is a video comparing LR & Capture One.

8. tornado

tornado Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Well my issue was resolved entirely by clearing out a Corel Cache folder in my Users/AppData/Local area.

Something must have got whacked that affected all newer images being accessed.
    I'm good to go!

9. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    No issue with Lightroom 5