EM1 Mkii Card writing issue

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by DennyVanNostrand, Apr 15, 2018.

1. DennyVanNostrand

DennyVanNostrand Mu-43 Regular

Jan 3, 2018
    Is there any way I can check in camera to determine if it is actually writing to both cards? At least twice I've noticed it not writing to both cards.

2. DennyVanNostrand

Jan 3, 2018
    I think I found what I needed. You can select which card to view playback from. The camera writes to the cards fine but a few months ago I was swapping older cards in and out of slot 2. When I put the one back that I normally use, I think the camera lost sync or something and wouldn't write to both. Then recently I formatted both cards and I noticed it again. I can't remember what I was doing though. Anyway I have never seen it just stop writing to one of them. It happens when I mess with the cards.

3. Matt Drown

Matt Drown Mu-43 Regular

Dec 9, 2015
    Caveat: I haven't tested this theory, it's just based on how a canon 5dm4 does it.

Were you swapping cards out and testing shooting at the same time? My experience in the canon was that if the camera was ON and I pulled a card, it swapped to the other card and would not go back to the first card automatically. I assume the same would happen if I was writing in parallel. My experience with the em1.2 is that it makes card decisions only when it tried to write. So you could have disabled a slot accidently if you had a card out when you took a test shot.

4. DennyVanNostrand

Jan 3, 2018
    Retracing my steps, It has only happened twice. It only happened when I was taking cards out to load the images into my computer. The camera was off. In the future, I will just put the cards in and do a test shot and then toggle between 1 and 2 playback to verify it wrote to both. I've never seen it just quit writing to a card in the middle of a shoot. Just on card removal. Maybe the card wasn't seated just right. I'll keep an eye on it.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.