EM1 Mkii Card writing issue

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by DennyVanNostrand, Apr 15, 2018.

1. DennyVanNostrand

DennyVanNostrand Mu-43 Regular

Jan 3, 2018
    Is there any way I can check in camera to determine if it is actually writing to both cards? At least twice I've noticed it not writing to both cards.

2. DennyVanNostrand

Jan 3, 2018
    I think I found what I needed. You can select which card to view playback from. The camera writes to the cards fine but a few months ago I was swapping older cards in and out of slot 2. When I put the one back that I normally use, I think the camera lost sync or something and wouldn't write to both. Then recently I formatted both cards and I noticed it again. I can't remember what I was doing though. Anyway I have never seen it just stop writing to one of them. It happens when I mess with the cards.

3. Matt Drown

Matt Drown Mu-43 Regular

Dec 9, 2015
    Caveat: I haven't tested this theory, it's just based on how a canon 5dm4 does it.

Were you swapping cards out and testing shooting at the same time? My experience in the canon was that if the camera was ON and I pulled a card, it swapped to the other card and would not go back to the first card automatically. I assume the same would happen if I was writing in parallel. My experience with the em1.2 is that it makes card decisions only when it tried to write. So you could have disabled a slot accidently if you had a card out when you took a test shot.

4. DennyVanNostrand

Jan 3, 2018
    Retracing my steps, It has only happened twice. It only happened when I was taking cards out to load the images into my computer. The camera was off. In the future, I will just put the cards in and do a test shot and then toggle between 1 and 2 playback to verify it wrote to both. I've never seen it just quit writing to a card in the middle of a shoot. Just on card removal. Maybe the card wasn't seated just right. I'll keep an eye on it.

• Like Like x 1