EM1 Mk2 playback button issue

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
This is more of an annoyance than a disaster.

Every so often I'll take a shot, press the playback button to review it, and nothing happens. Repeatedly press....nothing.

Switch camera off and on, and the button starts working normally, more importantly, the shot I took is present so I'm capturing the image.

My initial thoughts were that this was happening more often with a particular Lexar 128GB SD card. I reformatted it, no change, so marked it with a sharpie and have avoided using it since.

Happened again last night with my other 'good' Lexar 128GB card.

Now I'm wondering if it's a software fault or if my camera just doesn't like Lexar 1667x SD cards.

Anyone else seen this?

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
Hi John. No, just an in camera format - that's the only type of format I've ever done.

I could of course be barking up the wrong tree with cards. I certainly don't have enough evidence to trash Lexar branded cards.

I'm basing my idea on the thought that it's not likely to be a hardware issue, so, there's not much left to blame :)

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
Download SDFormatter from the official SD web site.

Do a long format on each card. This will take hours.

Then 'Format' the card in the camera it will be used in.

In-camera formats don't actually format the card, they just erase the Fat32 data. The rest of the data is actually untouched.

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
Download SDFormatter from the official SD web site.

Do a long format on each card. This will take hours.

Then 'Format' the card in the camera it will be used in.

In-camera formats don't actually format the card, they just erase the Fat32 data. The rest of the data is actually untouched.

Thanks. I'll give it a whirl with the one I condemned.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom