EM1 mk 3 AF help please

retsinab

New to Mu-43
Hi, new member, my first post and already asking for help! I am just changing from many years as a Canon shooter and received my EM1 mk3 yesterday, had a bit of time in the garden using auto focus, all fine. Today I have turned camera on and it is stuck on Manual Focus with the setting in A1 menu greyed out so I can't change. Obviously this is complete newbie user error but I have no idea what I have pressed or switched to do this, can any kind person suggest something please? I shall continue to hunt for a solution myself as well.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

retsinab

New to Mu-43
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Which lens is on the camera ? Check the clutch on the lens ..........
Thanks Andy, the 12-100 PRO on but I have tried swapping lens and it made no difference.

retsinab

New to Mu-43
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Check that the manual focus ring on the lens is pushed forwards.
I love you!! Thank you for taking the time with an idiot, after many years with one system it is going to be a steep learning curve.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Thank you for taking the time with an idiot,
Not an idiot. This is actually one of the most frequent posts for new users of the lenses with a manual focus "clutch" feature with the focus ring. It is not intuitive if you are not aware of it. Have fun with the system!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom