EM1 MK 2 updated error

Michael Sans

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Michael John Sansom
I updated my EM 1 MK 2 for the 100 to 400 mm lens , or so I thought.
Having had to send back when I first got my EM 5 some years ago because the down load failed and having done several more several more updates with great care. This is strange . because body update should be 3.4 but shows 3.5 which seems to be the latest for the EM1. when I try and try up date again, see attachment, it shows already updated no need to update. I@m thinking on getting the EM1 MK 3 so will get it and return to Olympus for correction. I suppose I wont be the last to do this. Ho'h !!

Attachments

• update.jpg
    update.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 27

PeeBee

Mu-43 All-Pro
I thought 3.4 was the latest, and 3.3 gave the in-body stacking and IS update for the 100-400, however if there's a version 3.5, it probably incorporates the earlier updates, so there should be no need to roll it back.

Michael Sans

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Michael John Sansom
Olympus site only shows 3.4 as the latest they may be late in posting the latest update I sent an email to them pointing it out . what dates did youall update please find print screen of Olympus site of the em 1mk 2 update ? maybe its long covid syndrome !

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Michael Sans

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Michael John Sansom
Please find the reply to my question to Olympus customer services also note the Japanese site has more up to date information and charts which may be of use.
Regards

Michael Sansom.
Good morning Mr. Sansom,

Many thanks for your email regarding a firmware on your E-M1 Mark II, it is a wonderful camera.

There is nothing to worry about, the latest firmware version for the E-M1 Mark II is 3.5, therefore, your camera is running on the latest version and it is fully updated.
The firmware version 3.5 was released on the 9th June and it adds possibility of using focus stacking with the new 8-25mm PRO lens.

You are able to find information of the update on our Japanese website (in English), please follow the link below.
I noticed it has not been added to our UK website as yet and I have passed this onto our website team.

https://cs.olympus-imaging.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/software/firm/e1/#fmzd

I trust this helps and you are enjoying your camera. If there is anything I can help you with please do not hesitate to ask and I will be happy to help you.

Kind regards,
Linda Niemi
UK Technical Support

------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Jun 22 2021 12:51PM
For: camera.support.uk@om-digitalsolutions.com
Subject: [EXTERNAL]Unitedkingdom - Support

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom