EM1 Mark III for $1499

DWhite

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
David
Thanks for the heads-up. I think it also worked for me. But it seems to be stuck in "Processing Order".

I haven't used Greentoe before so that may well be normal.

That's a killer deal on a brand new model!

DWhite

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
David
It worked! I just got my PayPal payment confirmation for a new Mark III at $1499.

Very cool. Thanks nublar!

Now the waiting for delivery begins.

SpecFoto

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim
I wonder where it’s shipping from.
In the case of my 3 past GT orders, it shipped directly from a USA authorized dealer, all 3 were different dealers. All items were new in box with full USA warranties. They are supposed to have the item in their stock, but one of the dealers took a week to ship a Sony teleconverter (the other 2 shipped same day and next day) and unfortunately this same dealer is the one who accepted my EM1 MKIII offer. But since you can't get the name of the dealer until you accept the offer, I am stuck with them. If they take a week to ship this time I will ask GT to not place offers with them in the future, which GT will do.

Last edited:

CyVan

Mu-43 All-Pro
This is great and all but , considering this is a new camera , whats in it for the dealers to sell them so cheaply. Is their profit margin THAT good?
Just curious about the business model. Normally you can't just walk into a store and haggle them down like that.

SpecFoto

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim
This is great and all but , considering this is a new camera , whats in it for the dealers to sell them so cheaply. Is their profit margin THAT good?
Just curious about the business model. Normally you can't just walk into a store and haggle them down like that.
In the USA right now there is a Olympus $200 trade-in allowance for ANY working camera, even a junker or obsolete compact all in one that you can find for $10 at garage sales. My understanding is the dealer keeps the trade-in and either resells it or junks it. So the actually dealer sale price is $1,599, not $1,799, and the price I and others got at GT of $1,499 is just $100 less. Some dealers may not want to accept this on a new item, but usually you can get 7 to 10% off at GT. When this promo expires I will bet the new EM1 MKIII price is $1,699 or less.

Last edited:
Real Name
Chris
In the USA right now there is a Olympus $200 trade-in allowance for ANY working camera, even a junker or obsolete compact all in one that you can find for $10 at garage sales. My understanding is the dealer keeps the trade-in and either resells it or junks it. So the actually dealer sale price is $1,599, not $1,799, and the price I and others got at GT of $1,499 is just $100 less. Some dealers may not want to accept this on a new item, but usually you can get 7 to 10% off at GT. When this promo expires I will bet the new EM1 MKIII price is $1,699 or less.

Agree. I think Olympus also knows that the price needs to come down a little bit to compete.

Last night at District Camera in Arlington, VA, you could get $200 off the EM1-mkiii for giving up an old broken camera and then District Camera was paying the tax on the final purchase. Total price for camera, tax included, was 1599. That is like $1508.50 for the camera at the shop.

Last edited:

SpecFoto

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim
Depending upon the desirability of the camera (or system) discount prices usually take a few months, like on the recent $200 savings on the Sony A6600 or 6 months or more like the EM1X. Just a few days, as it seems on the new EM1MKIII, is not what Olympus wanted, but I am sure the dealers are screaming at Olympus saying the price is at least $200 high. Early buyers always have paid the most, but times have changed and the $1,500 was the top amount I was willing to pay for a new M4/3 camera. Getting burned for $500 3 months after buying a new G9 2 years ago has made me wary.

Last edited:

DWhite

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
David
Per Greentoe terms, you're not supposed to identify the retailer. I got a bit concerned after reading some reviews last night about this retailer. I just sent an email to Greentoe and the retailer has said they're shipping mine on Monday. Hoping for the best!!! I'm not sure if this is the same retailer as SpecFoto is using.

hoggdoc

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
I think everyone is not taking the outbreak of the Coronavirus around the world into account. The US stock market took a major dive this last week. I think these dealers are just trying to sell product as fast as they can because of the fear of what may be coming in the weeks to come.

SpecFoto

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim
Per Greentoe terms, you're not supposed to identify the retailer. I got a bit concerned after reading some reviews last night about this retailer. I just sent an email to Greentoe and the retailer has said they're shipping mine on Monday. Hoping for the best!!! I'm not sure if this is the same retailer as SpecFoto is using.
DWhite, did your camera ship today?

Greentoe sent my retailer a status email today with copy to me and the retailer replied that the camera is delayed due to the Corona virus. So the dealer did not have one in-house when sold but planned to get stock from Olympus once the sale was made. However Olympus warehouse stock is out and dealer said Olympus told him it would be a few days, which I find hard to believe, as the camera comes from Vietnam.

Like I said in post #6, on the 2 other Greentoe purchases I made the lenses were in-house and the dealers shipped that day or the next morning. This is the 2nd time this same retailer has pulled this stunt of taking orders without having the item. :wtf:

Last edited:

memzinla

Mu-43 Top Veteran
So I said I wanted to cancel the order if it wasn't shipped today, and then all of a sudden I received a tracking number.

SpecFoto

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim

SpecFoto

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim
So I said I wanted to cancel the order if it wasn't shipped today, and then all of a sudden I received a tracking number.
Seems 4 of us here ordered this on Greentoe last week and all were accepted by the same dealer. One of us, memzinla, order supposedly shipped, but mine and 2 other are delayed, as this dealer had very little stock (1-?) when he accepted the orders, and the Olympus warehouse was out too. I just got an update from Greentoe and now the dealer claims he is receiving stock next Monday and orders will ship on Tuesday 3-10.

Last edited:

DWhite

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
David
An update: After the delivery date was missed, and based on problems others have had with this vendor, I decided to cancel my order. This was my first dealing with Greentoe or with the actual camera vendor and it may have been a fluke; but I wasn't willing to take the chance.

Because of trade-in and sales tax, I was only saving about $100 on this deal and I was becoming uncomfortable about when or if I might actually receive the M III. So I've decided to just order it from B&H. I know a couple of other forum members are in the same boat.

None the less, I want to thank nublar for bringing this potentially great deal to everyone's attention. It's really appreciated.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom