EM1 focus peaking zoom

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by DoofClenas, Apr 15, 2014.

1. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror! Subscribing Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    When using focus peaking, can it be zoomed in a bit more (say 5x or 7x), rather than seeing the whole image...sort of like how manual focus assists zooms in? Can it do that?

2. aukirk

aukirk Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    You can set manual focus assist to automatically turn on focus peaking, but I do not believe you can assign a function button to focus peaking and have it zoom in when pressed (would be a nice feature)

3. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror! Subscribing Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    anyone else? Can focus peaking only be done at the regular view, not zoomed in?

4. cd23murray

cd23murray Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2012
    North Carolina
    If you have Magnify= ON and Peaking=ON, you will get a zoomed in image that shows peaking (at all zoom levels). I can confirm that, but I have not tested all other combinations.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cd23murray

cd23murray Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2012
    North Carolina
    If you are in manual focus mode (with Magnify=off and peaking=on in settings). I have focus peaking and magnify assigned to the 2 buttons on the front and if press the magnify button, I get the zoomed view and can toggle peaking on/off with the other button.

• Like Like x 1
  6. christofp

christofp Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 21, 2012
    Yes, I also use the 2 button method with my manual lenses.

Works Ok but it would not hurt if someone would post a 1-button method ...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.