EM1 color aliasing shown@Imaging Resource's Review

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Halaking, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    without AA filter that cost chrominance and luminance moiré.too, see the link.
  2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Hmm, interesting. That moiré on the models's dress is quite ugly. Not sure it would stop me getting the E-M1 though since I mostly do landscapes.
  3. gugarci

gugarci Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Lyndhurst, NJ
    I saw this last night and was getting ready to post it. This worries me a lot. I could always sharpen up an image with a camera using a low pass filter, not sure how I would deal with moir'e. And I'm not sure i want to worry about it.

I plan to buy either an E-P5, GX7, or E-M1 in the near future. When I saw the E-M1 next to the E-M5 using the same 17mm lens size wise it was only a little bit bigger than the E-M5 and I added to my list. But this moir'e issue might remove it from my list. :frown:

Do tools like LR deal with moir'e. I just open up my version of LR, latest version, but did not find it.

I just found it under the local adjustment brush. Guess I'll play it around with some sample and see If I can reduce. Don't think it can be completely removed.