EM1 auto focus issues....

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jjbigfly, Nov 8, 2014.

1. jjbigfly

jjbigfly Mu-43 Regular

Sep 6, 2013
    I have a 3 week old OMD EM-1. Recently sold my EM-5 (here actually) that I found to be a very good body. I have read most everything I could find on the auto focus (+ tracking) that I could find that was not so far over my head that I lost focus myself. So I really was not expecting much and was hoping that it was at least as good as the EM-5.
    I had my 7 year old out at a motorcycle track today and thought I would take a short break from teaching him and give my new body a workout. Overcast all day, but good light and I only used the Panasonic 35-100 2.8 lens, never over 650 iso (mostly 400). Single pic with tracking.
    I am really quite surprised with the results. Crisp, clear detailed photos. I was focusing on many riders only slightly prior to where I wanted to shoot. It simply locked on to the subject(s) and then I would trip the shutter. Nothing DIRECTLY head on or away when starting (as in a direct line) but everything including sharp change of directions as I followed riders around.
    Only as an amateur of course, but I am not finding any real issues with this body's tracking system. :thumbup:
    Not bothered to post pictures, as I just got done a little while ago, but I certainly can if needed by anyone. Not that you could tell anything, but this camera seems to be a fair cut above many to me.
    Just thought I would mention it....:rolleyes:
    • Like Like x 4
  2. DaveEP

DaveEP Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    York, UK
    So no 'issues' at all then.... it all worked as expected?
  3. jjbigfly

jjbigfly Mu-43 Regular

Sep 6, 2013
    Yes. And pleased......