EM1 auto focus issues....

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jjbigfly, Nov 8, 2014.

1. jjbigfly

jjbigfly Mu-43 Regular

Sep 6, 2013
    I have a 3 week old OMD EM-1. Recently sold my EM-5 (here actually) that I found to be a very good body. I have read most everything I could find on the auto focus (+ tracking) that I could find that was not so far over my head that I lost focus myself. So I really was not expecting much and was hoping that it was at least as good as the EM-5.
    I had my 7 year old out at a motorcycle track today and thought I would take a short break from teaching him and give my new body a workout. Overcast all day, but good light and I only used the Panasonic 35-100 2.8 lens, never over 650 iso (mostly 400). Single pic with tracking.
    I am really quite surprised with the results. Crisp, clear detailed photos. I was focusing on many riders only slightly prior to where I wanted to shoot. It simply locked on to the subject(s) and then I would trip the shutter. Nothing DIRECTLY head on or away when starting (as in a direct line) but everything including sharp change of directions as I followed riders around.
    Only as an amateur of course, but I am not finding any real issues with this body's tracking system. :thumbup:
    Not bothered to post pictures, as I just got done a little while ago, but I certainly can if needed by anyone. Not that you could tell anything, but this camera seems to be a fair cut above many to me.
    Just thought I would mention it....:rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 4
  2. DaveEP

DaveEP Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    So no 'issues' at all then.... it all worked as expected?

3. jjbigfly

jjbigfly Mu-43 Regular

Sep 6, 2013
    Yes. And pleased......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.